Microsoft Releases 3 IT and Enterprise Windows 8 Apps

Now actually take a look at those apps and have a good laugh.

Do you work for Microsoft or why the sensitivity? In any case rather than trying to make the thread about me check out the apps for yourself.

In any case rather than trying to make the thread about me check out the apps for yourself.

I think that's his point though. A lot of people comment about Windows 8 stuff and NEVER bother to actually look at anything before making comments.

I think that's his point though. A lot of people comment about Windows 8 stuff and NEVER bother to actually look at anything before making comments.

Stop worrying so much about other people and stick to the topic.

In my case I did look at the apps, tried to suppress laughter (failed) and made the comment about the apps. I'd actually be delighted if Microsoft made a meaningful enterprise oriented Metro app, but this is little more than dribble.

Stop worrying so much about other people and stick to the topic.

In my case I did look at the apps, tried to suppress laughter (failed) and made the comment about the apps. I'd actually be delighted if Microsoft made a meaningful enterprise oriented Metro app, but this is little more than dribble.

You didn't install the apps.

And until you actual use them its tough to say how useful they are anyway. So install, play, then comment. They're pretty to look at at the very least.

The second and third app are just dumb. The first could be useful and isn't IT related. The two that are IT related are "Pre-Call Diagnostics"... if your connection is so flakey you need this, this isn't going to help you. "The Edge Show", a closed version of Channel 9... maybe it has exclusive training videos for IT pros... nope found all the same topics on existing Channel 9 videos.

let me just go ahead and get this out of the way, so maybe people can get on with their lives (at least until the next Windows 8 thread pops up)

lol M$
metro sucks
win 7 for life yo
games dont work on win 8
lol fisher price interface
I want my @##@#! start button
M$ hates puppies AND kittens

I dont work in a Windows environment, so the apps are no use to me, but good to see MS putting in the effort. Been using win 8 since it became avail (didnt use the beta) and have zero issues with it. I dont use many metro apps, and the ones I do use about all i ever see of them are the notifications that pop up in the upper right.

First app is pretty cool and I hope it pans out. Most of the CRM apps on the iPad suck and are limited due to iOS design (relies too much on switching windows). We're still in the testing phases with salesforce and already having issues trying to do edits with documents.

Second app is useful to help reduce or quickly identify issues before they call us. I'm not sure how many of you still work in helpdesk, but sometimes we still have to ask... is your internet working?

As for the third app.. yes, it's like channel 9. Except, having the 2x speed is pretty handy.. I sometimes feel the videos are too slow.

the ONE app i have never understood why MS hasnt included in their OS over the years is process explorer, and they even own it.

Maybe they'll sell it to us later. An add-on!

The CRM app is useful in our environment but I really hope to see more apps come for Enterprise.

I was going to get the TechNet one as it looks interesting.

But! After going through all kinds of security bullshit, the MS Store wanted to hijack my computer and change my local user account from what I have it set up as to a Microsoft account. There was no way to proceed without doing that.

Screw that. Another Windows 8 fail for MS.

Back