Debt Ceiling Delay May Blacken Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If the politicians in Washington can’t get together and settle their differences soon, the biggest and most profitable shopping day (and weekend) of the year may actually turn out to be black indeed.

Would the default really slow down the frenzy of fighting over $20 toasters and $149 tablets? It just might.

What I love about this is how easy it is to tell which news outlets are puppets for Republicans and which are for Democrats.

Some will say Obama is to blame for the shutdown, others will say Republicans are... when clearly they are both just doing what is in their special interest groups ($$$) interest in a power struggle. After all, Obama refuses to even meet with them to negotiate, as part of a "I don't negotiate with terrorists" type of strategy, heh!

Sounds more like fear mongering to me. They also said that shutdown would be the end of everything. And nothing has really changed. Life as usual.

Wonder if there really is a limit to how many years they can keep jacking up the debt ceiling. Or they can keep going on forever.

What I love about this is how easy it is to tell which news outlets are puppets for Republicans and which are for Democrats.

Some will say Obama is to blame for the shutdown, others will say Republicans are... when clearly they are both just doing what is in their special interest groups ($$$) interest in a power struggle. After all, Obama refuses to even meet with them to negotiate, as part of a "I don't negotiate with terrorists" type of strategy, heh!

What I love about this post is how easy it is to tell how ignorant and ill informed you are.

The House has voted to repeal Affordable Care Act 46 times (a bill they themselves passed, mind you) while ignoring more pressing issues because they can't stand the fact that a black man (a ni-BONG!) is President.

Republicans ran their 2010 campaign on promises to shut the government down. Tons upon tons of video footage to prove it.

Republicans have claimed that nobody would negotiate when they actually BLOCKED attempts to negotiate in the house 19 times in the last 6 months.

There is really nothing else to this.

Sometimes everyone is unreasonable, but sometimes its clear who is actually bringing the ship down.

What I love about this post is how easy it is to tell how ignorant and ill informed you are.

The House has voted to repeal Affordable Care Act 46 times (a bill they themselves passed, mind you) while ignoring more pressing issues because they can't stand the fact that a black man (a ni-BONG!) is President.

Republicans ran their 2010 campaign on promises to shut the government down. Tons upon tons of video footage to prove it.

Republicans have claimed that nobody would negotiate when they actually BLOCKED attempts to negotiate in the house 19 times in the last 6 months.

^^ Democract

I have to agree the house republicans are acting like economic terrorists to satisfy their fringe tea party idealists. this fight should be fought over the actual budget to begin with not when the bill is due. this is the huge disconnect here and instead of repealing the affordable care act 46 times the house could been working this problem with the democrats and the president. however they choose to path of terrorists holding the country hostage for what they can get out this vote?! Oh 1 last thing the fuckers in congress are still collecting their 200k+ pay checks for essentially doing jack shit.

The other side is irrational. *My* side cares about America!

Someone pass me another bowl of popcorn.

Of recent presidents only W had no gov't shutdown. Obammie is well due for one especially with the immense costs of that abomination of legislation

^^ Democract

Nope.

True and through independent. It's clear what the Republicans are doing if you're able to look beyond party lines and spoonfed bites from Faux News.

Well I do hope I can get my Tablet @ $150, that would be nice!

Of recent presidents only W had no gov't shutdown. Obammie is well due for one especially with the immense costs of that abomination of legislation

Which the House themselves passed. If you're going to blame "Obammie" for this, at least give additional credit where due.

Nope.

True and through independent. It's clear what the Republicans are doing if you're able to look beyond party lines and spoonfed bites from Faux News.
A true and through independent that has never once even fathomed the idea of voting in a Republican... uhhh huh, whatever ya gotta tell yourself buddy. LOL! :D

HardForum is typically a leftish-shill site so the usual response here is "GOP's fault for not negotiating". Nevermind there's proof in the open that Obama has already stated he will discuss but not negotiate. I'm certainly not a democrat and feel that the GOP should just let ObamaCare go full force and let the lefties get what they voted for - ObamaCare and the insane premiums it is causing. There's plenty of articles from his loyal voting base absolutely upset at their premiums doubling due to *gasp*, what they voted for going in to action. As things go with the lefties, instead of blaming ObamaCare they will simply say "The GOP intentionally sandbagged ObamaCare from doing anything positive". This is all I will say in this thread as I typically stay out of political battles. People on average do not accept responsibility for their stupidity so I'd rather not stoop to their level of it.

If they collect taxes, and do not spend it according to the laws, they are criminals. It's embezzlement.

If they collect taxes, and do not spend it according to the laws, they are criminals. It's embezzlement.
They could collect taxes for a decade and not spend a dime and we'd still be in debt... ;)

The Obamacare thingy is a farce.

It costs me an average of $12k a year to insure each employee. Apparently I can stop that insurance and pay a $2000 fine. I would never do that, just saying.

Are they all idiots, or just the Executive Branch?

Regardless of if you are right or wrong with the rest of your argument, this is where you lost me. Everything else you said has no merit. It has NOTHING to do with his skin color. Maybe with one or two of those folks on the hill, but the rest of them DON'T GIVE A SINGLE SHIT.

It's not the Republican's fault. It's not the Democrat's fault. It is everyone who is not doing a damn thing to fix it. All sides. They are little toddlers holding their breath until they turn blue. A government for the people, yet when they shutdown, the only people getting hurt are the people - those in power still have anything they need or want (gyms, offices, assistants, whatever). They are spending more to keep people out of parks and such than they do when they aren't shut down. They are making it look horrible for the people when it should be the other way around.

I'm not a Democrat or Republican. Both parties are crooks.

All I ask of the government is to minimize how much burden they put on me.

I'm in the 72% tax bracket. For every dollar I make, 72 cents goes immediately to various taxes and mandates.

I make in the high 5 figures. Except when there is a bump, they I make negative money. I pay my staff with money I borrow and don't draw a salary. I guess I what the Government calls "The Evil Rich". Yeah, I drive a pickup, live in a tract home, but planes, yachts, and more than one house isn't happening unless I hit the lotto.

For anyone in the government to think I'm over-paid and need to be taxed more? They can suck my nutsack. ALL of them make more than I do, except I'm not exempt from the laws like they are.

There will be no default even if the debt ceiling isn't raised. There is enough revenue coming in each month multiple times over to service the debt. Unless, of course, Obama chooses not to pay it.

Let it all burn for all I care. This government is not what the founding father had planned for us. They don't give a fuck at all about us, in the end what matters to them is what each party Ideas will come forward, not what is good for the people.

... they can't stand the fact that a black man (a ni-BONG!) is President....

Yes, we Americans hate blacks, that's why no black man has ever won an election, especially the Presidential Office.

We admire White people who fk us, like Clinton. He's our hero.

The only reason Kennedy was elected was because he was Catholic. The country is mostly Protestant, but we universally admire the Pope.

I am bigoted against Obama. It's not by race, religion, age, or gender.

He's a bureaucrat who sucks his donor's peckers. He accepted a Nobel Prize for doing nothing. He's from the most crooked state politically in the US.

Answer this:

Would you help your rich buddies out if elected?

Would you take an award you did not deserve?

If you were in a corrupt political system, would you go with the flow and get what you can?

If yes, you need to start your campaign now.

Obama is half-white. And if he was fully white, he would never have become president. Everything that he has done in life has been the result of affirmative action rather than actually earning anything.

After seeing what the liberals did to Herman Cain (who is 100% black, unlike Obama), you guys have no business lecturing anyone on racism.

I would have voted for Cain.

Why? He has proven history of really fixing broken things. Obama did not. He just had fewer skeltons in the closet.

Also, remember what they did to Clarence Thomas? The KKK could not have done a better job.

The news that talks about the issue being the debt ceiling, is full of it. Yea it's part of the issue, but it's really about Obamacare. But which are the biggest assholes, Republicans or Democrats?

Right now our country pays more then any other country for health care, and only 28% of the people are covered, while everyone in countries like Canada and UK are all covered. So Obamacare is in some ways turning this around, even though it doesn't compare to what the UK, Canada, or Australia has. Right now if you're a health insurance company or a Doctor, you're shitting bricks. Obama is the devil right now.

If I had to guess where health insurance companies lobby money goes, it would have to be Republicans. The way I see it, they're looking after their investors. Even going as far as to shut down the country until they get their way.

The way I see it, Republicans are the assholes.

I'm not a Democrat or Republican. Both parties are crooks.

All I ask of the government is to minimize how much burden they put on me.

I'm in the 72% tax bracket. For every dollar I make, 72 cents goes immediately to various taxes and mandates.

I make in the high 5 figures. Except when there is a bump, they I make negative money. I pay my staff with money I borrow and don't draw a salary. I guess I what the Government calls "The Evil Rich". Yeah, I drive a pickup, live in a tract home, but planes, yachts, and more than one house isn't happening unless I hit the lotto.

For anyone in the government to think I'm over-paid and need to be taxed more? They can suck my nutsack. ALL of them make more than I do, except I'm not exempt from the laws like they are.

72% tax bracket? wtf is that?

There will be no default even if the debt ceiling isn't raised. There is enough revenue coming in each month multiple times over to service the debt. Unless, of course, Obama chooses not to pay it.

Sure you might be able to pay bond holders, but then you may have skip some social security or veterans benefits or all that stuff that the House has passed those mini-CRs for. How are we supposed to pay for national parks, or CDC, of NIH? Bottom line, robbing Peter to pay Paul is default, plain and simple. Do you think that people who are legally entitled to payments like veterans and Social Security benefits are simply going to just forget about payments that get skipped?

This notion of prioritizing 80 million payments a month is a complete nightmare and would end up a total disaster. It's hard to understand how anyone thinks this is some sort of workable solution without dire consequences.

republican ... democrat... black... white.... they all have one thing in common.

They are all liars -- and are getting paid to sit around and jerk off.

Fire everyone -- from the top to the bottom. Remember all those promises obama made about the middle east? Yet people keep dying.

It doesn't take 8 years to pull your people and equipment out.

Liars -- every last one of them. The only difference between the parties is which way you want them to screw you. Either way you will get screwed.

The racism cry? So much for your argument. You won't be taken seriously anymore here.

How in the FUCK does the US pay off 17 TRILLION dollars???
I think a default is what should happen. A worldwide RESET.

China, Japan, UK and every big corrupted financial institution in the US is laughing every friggin day about the endless interest the US is going to pay..forever? It it keeps going up..

I'm surprised there has not been a massive revolts or protests yet. WTF is up with the world?

Keep playing video games and watching TV, movies and music videos sheep, that what they want.

After seeing what the liberals did to Herman Cain (who is 100% black, unlike Obama), you guys have no business lecturing anyone on racism.

The liberals didn't have to do anything to Herman Cain; he was just another one of the victims of the week in the Republican primaries. You do know what a primary race is, right? Is it possible you have mixed up Herman Cain with John McCain?

I think a default is what should happen. A worldwide RESET.

China, Japan, UK and every big corrupted financial institution in the US is laughing every friggin day about the endless interest the US is going to pay..forever? It it keeps going up..

I'm surprised there has not been a massive revolts or protests yet. WTF is up with the world?

Keep playing video games and watching TV, movies and music videos sheep, that what they want.

The problem is that this reset you mention would crash our economy along with much of the worlds. I don't think China, Japan and the UK would be laughing much if that happened.

The same way the US paid off the enormous World War II debt, which as a percentage of GDP was far larger than the current national debt, and as a result launched one of the most prosperous decades in US history.

The liberals didn't have to do anything to Herman Cain; he was just another one of the victims of the week in the Republican primaries. You do know what a primary race is, right? Is it possible you have mixed up Herman Cain with John McCain?

Have people forgotten want bought Cain down? Just another sex scandal to this day he's probably lying about. A man gives a woman secret payments just because he's a nice guy? As cynical as this crowd is noone believes that here.

-After all, Obama refuses to even meet with them to negotiate, as part of a "I don't negotiate with terrorists" type of strategy, heh!

"GIVE US EVERYTHING WE DEMAND AND WE WILL KILL THE HOSTAGE."
"er... don't you mean OR you'll kill the hostage?"
"NO! WE WILL NEVER GIVE IN TO YOUR OUTRAGEOUS DEMANDS"

The same way the US paid off the enormous World War II debt, which as a percentage of GDP was far larger than the current national debt, and as a result launched one of the most prosperous decades in US history.

What's really upsetting to me about the right is that they generally have been very pro-growth and these days they really don't seem to care about that. Some on the right have fallen into the false notion hat you can't spend yourself into prosperity but indeed that's EXACTLY how its done in an economy that's 2/3rds based on SPENDING.

Governments borrow when times are tough and then don't when times are good. The problem over the last decade is that we didn't do that. We started borrowing to finance tax cuts and then war spending. Then the economy collapsed when we needed to borrow and then the right went into a tizzy when they should have been much more concerned about the borrowing when the economy was STONGER.

Nothing is going to shit on black friday except the crappy deals themselves.

Don't be so sure. The conditions are building for a very bad week coming up. There's LOT of uncertainty out there and uncertainty is kryptonite to markets. The key thing to remember is not raising the debt limit is completely new territory. No one really knows how it would play out and that alone is extremely debilitating to economic growth when we are in dire need of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back