Steam Dev Days: Everything Is Off The Record

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to the Steam Dev Days website, all on-site events are "off the record." You can get hands-on time with Steam OS, prototype Steam Machines and Steam Controllers...but won't be able to talk about them. :(

Steam Dev Days is a two-day game developer’s conference where professionals can meet in a relaxed, off the record environment. Developers will share their design and industry expertise, participate in roundtable discussions and attend lectures by industry veterans on topics ranging from game economies to VR, Linux/OpenGL, user-generated content and more. Developers will also have direct access to Valve’s Steam Team, and will be given a chance to test-drive and provide feedback on Steam OS, prototype Steam Machines and Steam Controllers.

I hope not. I'd rather have developers in there. Gaming journalism is fucking awful these days.

What are you talking about? Kotaku is full of great and informative articles that are unbiased.
/sarcasm

What are you talking about? Kotaku is full of great and informative articles that are unbiased.
/sarcasm

Valve is right not to value the opinions of so called "journalists". Developers and engineers will actually provide rational and informed feedback.

What is Valve fearful of? Game developers tend to be forthcoming, but not dishonest. If they feel they have ground to stand on with SteamOS, there should be no embargo as to what developers can and cannot talk about, which one would only expect to be mostly positive.

Crap...now I'll have to get my info from NeoGAF...we all know how unbiased their leaks are. :(

What is Valve fearful of? Game developers tend to be forthcoming, but not dishonest. If they feel they have ground to stand on with SteamOS, there should be no embargo as to what developers can and cannot talk about, which one would only expect to be mostly positive.

Because they are being shown an alpha build of Half Life 3.

Gaming journalism hadn't existed in a very long time...

They are more like PR subcontractors tied with so many clauses and implied politics they just repeat what the publishers tell them to or risk not having anything else from them for a looooooong time.

Ok, done my rant.

Because they are being shown an alpha build of Half Life 3.

wonder will it look like this

Half-life-3.jpg

this fake screenshot was made years ago.

Hmmm, looks fun though. But shhhhh!!! No telling!!!

Back