Xbox One Records Gameplay When Achievements Unlock

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess this would be handy...if you are into that sorta thing. I like achievements as much as the next guy but I've never had the urge to actually record one.

It seems that alongside its constant background recording of the last 5 minutes of gameplay, the Xbox One’s DVR will automatically record gameplay every time an achievement is unlocked. The information was revealed by Xbox Australia product manager Adam Pollington in an interview with YouTuber ChampChong at EB Games Expo.

There are lots of people that post online game guides and aids for achievements. That would be very handy for them to not have to record all their gameplay and cut out only the parts they need. I have noticed a few people post where they accidently got an achievement when not recording so when they putup a video will tell you this is where the message would normally pop up.

There are lots of people that post online game guides and aids for achievements. That would be very handy for them to not have to record all their gameplay and cut out only the parts they need. I have noticed a few people post where they accidently got an achievement when not recording so when they putup a video will tell you this is where the message would normally pop up.
Production quality though you would only use that to splice together the pop where it's suppose to happen and make a clean record that you can edit for the achievement guide.

I'll just say that there have been a number of times in the past when playing a game like TF2:
1) Get an achievement pop-up
2) Look up a description of said achievement
3) Scratch my head and wonder how/when I performed said feats of the achievement

Might be fun to go back and see a replay of what actually happened.

I could care less about "achievements".

The only thing I care about is if the creator of the game was able to achieve success in making a fun and enjoyable experience.

I wonder if there will be options to disable such background tasks. Although, I think they will be allocating X% of GPU/CPU for such tasks regardless of whether they're being used or not to ensure no chance of interference in gameplay.

The Xbox one has 15 DSP cores to handle this stuff, audio, etc... So it doesn't effect the CPU usage.

Another useless feature that can quickly become a hard drive consuming feature for those games that give you an "achievement" for every time you manage to not drool on the controller.

wait wait wait, let me guess. the PS4 isnt already dated hardware already? what a joke fanboys can be

I don't see where anyone inferred that. If the PS4 also buffers video and records achievements, then the same could be said of it.

Achievement unlocked: Booted up the game!
Achievement unlocked: Moved your character!

...Bought the collectors edition/game of year/premium!

record it! RECORD IT ALL!

Hopefully, its not every single achievement, but only the cool ones.

For me,achievements just ruin the atmosphere of a game. The same goes with leveling up your character.

For me,achievements just ruin the atmosphere of a game. The same goes with leveling up your character.

Not for me or anyone I play with. Its incentive to play a game on the hardest difficulty, do challenging things, and extend the time you get from a game. Instead of running through the story on easy in 5 hours, achievements can turn that in to a 20-30 hour challenge.

Not many games have only simple achievements, and the easiest one is from the Simpsons for starting the game. But its in there for a joke.

Back