Guide To Overclocking The Intel 4770K

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Overclockers Club have put together a handy Guide To Overclocking The Intel 4770K for those of you that might need it. You can see our 4770K overclocking review here.

So you have a shiny new Haswell (1150) CPU and want to see what it can do? In this guide I will cover an assortment of topics, all of which are focusing on the best results and how to achieve them. Currently the retail Haswell chips are having low overclock results past 4.2GHz. It has been said only about 70% of current chips can reach 4.5GHz. There is a lot that goes into a high overclock to avoid damaging components in the computer, so make sure you read the whole guide before trying to overclock yourself.

Last edited:
My stock 4770k is hitting 1.132v on load, is that too much voltage for stock settings? I haven't touched anything in BIOS yet.

I am hitting 70c In BF4.

What can I do?

I have Asus Z-87 Pro

My stock 4770k is hitting 1.132v on load, is that too much voltage for stock settings? I haven't touched anything in BIOS yet.

I am hitting 70c In BF4.

What can I do?

I have Asus Z-87 Pro

Don't do anything. There's nothing wrong with that voltage. Even if you're using the stock heat sink. Just make sure your case has great airflow. Haswell's were meant to run hot.

I am hitting 70c In BF4.

What can I do?

I have Asus Z-87 Pro

Voltage and temps are completely normal. Which heatsink are you using btw?

I am using stock heatsink at this moment, will be going with water soon, I just made this new build.

I had no idea how outdated my old Q9550 was for MP games like BF3, BF4 and other MP games.

I am playing in 60 player servers now like they are empty, smooth as silk. With the Q9550, gameplay always felt like it was underwater and the sense of something choking was bad for gameplay.

I had no idea why I kept telling my self there was no need to upgrade, huge difference between the two systems.

so I guess I'm ok then, thx all.

Last edited:
Back