Cool Video of the Day

very cool.. so are we to believe the robots and tvs and person are real and not cg?

Published on Sep 26, 2013

Amazing Projection Mapping on Moving Surfaces HD. Everything you see here is capture in camera, no CG or special effects.

I want some of that projection action in the theater! :8)

If you like this , check out The Macula on Vimeo. I wish my current work projectors had high enough lumens to mess with mapping.

Very cool

I wrote that off because obviously things on the screens were CG.

The projected images being CG and the effect being CG are diferent. If I record something and happen to catch my tv playing some movie / show with speical effects or CG on the screen at the time that doesn't make the recording that I made turn into CG or special effects. Everything I recorded was done without special effects.

They are saying that they didn't add anything into the video itself as far as special effects or CG. they recorded what they were projecting and that is it.

Very cool

The projected images being CG and the effect being CG are diferent. If I record something and happen to catch my tv playing some movie / show with speical effects or CG on the screen at the time that doesn't make the recording that I made turn into CG or special effects. Everything I recorded was done without special effects.

They are saying that they didn't add anything into the video itself as far as special effects or CG. they recorded what they were projecting and that is it.

Ahh yes.. I see now.. I actually thought those two squares were tvs, but they just blank with projections on them.. very cool

I've wondered why they don't do this sort of thing at concerts. Those robo-lights that can do a handful of patterns could easily be replaced with projectors.

I've wondered why they don't do this sort of thing at concerts. Those robo-lights that can do a handful of patterns could easily be replaced with projectors.

You'd need a really big (hot) light to get the same lumens output through a color LCD panel. Otherwise, the projected image would be too dark to be seen by the back of a concert hall / arena... OTOH, using a B&W LCD display instead of the static filters which are used now would be a nice, first step, upgrade.....

Now those are some [H]ard projectors holy crap!
I wonder how long it took them to choreograph it?

Halfass holodeck?

It wouldn't work for that. In real space, binocular vision would kill the illusion of 3D once you start moving yourself around. Note that the entire film was done from a single point of view. Move the camera and the illusion of 3D is destroyed.

Amazing video. Just wish this stuff would work in real life. Unfortunately for something like this with the 3D effect of the projected video it only works from a single viewing point. To make the video they used a third robot that held the camera (you can see the robot base at 3:00 when it shows the word Teleporation on the floor). The guy was there just to "interact" with the stuff but this could have been done without him.

You'd need a really big (hot) light to get the same lumens output through a color LCD panel. Otherwise, the projected image would be too dark to be seen by the back of a concert hall / arena... OTOH, using a B&W LCD display instead of the static filters which are used now would be a nice, first step, upgrade.....

also it wouldnt work as well because some parts of it requires certain angle of view.

in a big concert people have differnet views and it wouldnt work for the 3d effects

Thanks for sharing that, great video. And one of the extremely rare times you see a YT video with over 100 thumbs up against 0 thumbs down. :cool:

Back