Looking for a 27" as good or better than my 26"

DeadByDawn

Limp Gawd
Here is the situation. I am looking to get a 27" 1440 IPS monitor. I really want the highest pixel density to get the best quality gaming graphical experience.

I am enthusiast and my uses are
1. Playing games like BF3 and soon BF4
2. Photo editiing
3. Software development/coding.

I like the IPS panels for their quality and im not willing to explore TN and maybe PLS.

So I see a lot of feedback on IPS panels and gaming and was wondering if it will really be an issue for me. This is what i currently have, and i think gaming is just fine.

So if you understand the specs on my current monitor, is it safe to assume if i get something that matches it or better, i will still have an experience the same or better?

I want to go with a name brand as well. I dont want to deal with the korean stuff even though i know its a good deal. I am not worried about the cost to an extent.

What are your thoughts?

Current monitor Specs
Model
Brand
PLANAR
Model
PX2611W
Cabinet Color
Black

Display
Screen Size
26"
Widescreen
Yes
Recommended Resolution
1920 x 1200
Viewing Angle
178°(H) / 178°(V)
Pixel Pitch
0.2865 mm
Display Colors
16.7 Million
Brightness
500 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio
1000:1
Response Time
5ms (GTG)
Vertical Refresh Rate
50 Hz - 76 Hz
Panel
S-IPS
Display Type
WUXGA

Last edited:
Viewsonic 2770 and Eizo 2736 are considered two of the better 27" 1440ps. Depending on what country you are in, the Eizo may be cheaper than the Viewsonic -- better warranty with Eizo, so price being equal, I'd probably go with that. Otherwise, if Eizo is much more expensive where you are, alternatively consider the Viewsonic.

High res PLS>IPS

IPS panels, especially Dells have more quality control issues (U2713HM) & the best PLS do not use LED PWM Dimming. Read more about LED PWM Dimming here

Eizo EV2736W
Qnix QX2710-overlocks 96-120hz typically. North Americans can buy these from IPS LED Monitors for the 30 day no hassle return policy vs. Ebay
Viewsonic VP2770

The glossy & matte Qnix's are available. The casing needs to be taken apart to remove the stand. Square Trade Warranties can be purchased.

BenQ BL2710PT-AUO's version of IPS...I'm reviewing one.

Last edited:
Back