Facebook Loses Video Ads Project Manager

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wait, this is a good thing...right? Hopefully the whole idea of auto playing video ads in your timeline goes away.

Facebook product manager Justin Shaffer, rumored to be co-leading the social network's video advertising initiative, is leaving the company after three years on the job. Shaffer landed at Facebook in 2010 when the social network purchased Hot Potato, a location-based startup where Shaffer served as co-founder and CEO.

For a while now Facebook has been nagging me to "upgrade" my browser; I wondered why do they care so much? Then I remembered their video ads and it all made sense. They want HTML5 video and Flash present so they can bombard me with obnoxious and irrelevant ads. Nice try Facebook.

I'm sure they can find another MBA to have innumerable meetings and do the synergys and paradigms it's not like there is a shortage.

For a while now Facebook has been nagging me to "upgrade" my browser; I wondered why do they care so much? Then I remembered their video ads and it all made sense. They want HTML5 video and Flash present so they can bombard me with obnoxious and irrelevant ads. Nice try Facebook.

Facebook on Lynx, the way it was meant to be displayed.

Screenshot-04242011-090603-PM.png

Back