Apple Releases Mountain Lion Update

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Apple released OS X 10.8.5 this week to address a myriad of problems being experienced by Mac users including, but limited to screen saver glitches, mail messaging bugs, 802.11ac issues, Ethernet transfers and more.

You can install the update using Apple's Software Update capability, which launches the OS X App Store app, or if you're running OS X 10.8.4 you can download the update.

I've been using 10.8.4 for months without one problem, or a "myriad" of problems.

I've been using 10.8.4 for months without one problem, or a "myriad" of problems.

Same here. First time ever using a MacBook and it's been rock solid on 10.8 since March 2013. I've not seen any issues...

Well, that pretty much proves it, all 5 known MAC users have chimed in, there are no problems. :D

Not in the patch notes, 10.8.5 broke the webcam in all 32-bit apps for the MBA2013 at least, and HDMI audio is now flaky at best.

AFP 802.11ac wireless performance is useless because Mavericks is going SMB2 anyway. Anyone who cares about file sharing will upgrade.

Everyone is a MAC user.

Everyone is 5 people? :D Basically, the fact that a handful of people have not had issues does not mean there are no problems. Problems exist, it is good to see that they are being fixed.

Well, that pretty much proves it, all 5 known MAC users have chimed in, there are no problems. :D

None whatsoever. Thus all updates are false and the listed problems are imaginary and made up in a scheme to discredit the company's proven infallibility.

Everyone is 5 people? :D Basically, the fact that a handful of people have not had issues does not mean there are no problems. Problems exist, it is good to see that they are being fixed.

It's Mac, not MAC you retard. There, I'll spell it out for you.

Which is good bc I have been looking for good lipstick and foundation to compliment my MacBook.

Back