Star Wars: The Old Republic Game Update 2.4: The Dread War

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Come October 1st, LucasArts and Bioware will be releasing Game update 2.4: The Dread War for Star Wars: The Old Republic. The update will feature new gameplay, BitRaider Streaming and 4x4 player vs. player and more.

Developers are also trying to lure previous players back to the game by offering them the first digital expansion pack called Rise of the Hutt Cartel at no cost

This is the same failed MMO that went Pay2Win because no one was paying for subscriptions?

Pay2win? I would love to disagree but I've been playing the game since it first came out and have never not subscribed to it so I don't know how hard it is not paying for it. I still have not finished all 8 stories, about half way through, but I have enjoyed the game a lot. I play with my cousin and he doesn't pay, he doesn't seem to have any issues with the game not paying for it.

they don't offer anything good to make Pat2Win work, there's still subscriptions.

Pay2Win it is not. All the pay stuff is Cosmetic.

Unless of course your idea of P2W is to look like a unique beautiful butterfly, then sure, it's P2W by that definition.

Just updated my install and am planning on playing this a bit. I'll sub for a couple months and check out the new content.

This is the same failed MMO that went Pay2Win because no one was paying for subscriptions?

Nah, not Pay2Win, pay2havebasicfeatures. They completely gutted the game for those trying to play "free", essentially killing its own chances of ever recovering. I bought the game at release, leveled two chars, cleared all the raids and pvp'd till rank 50? (ie: played 1,000 huttball matches). Its a mediocre single player game and a bad MMO. I enjoyed my time with it and don't regret that ~$60 total investment ($45 box + a sub month)

Back