Kim Dotcom Sues New Zealand Over Electronic Snooping

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'll bet the New Zealand government is regretting the decision to waive the "good character" requirements when they granted Dotcom residency.

Kim Dotcom has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against a New Zealand spy agency. Court documents discovered this week by Wired have revealed Dotcom's suit against the Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB) for the surveillance it conducted against him last year and a subsequent police raid that targeted his home.

so i take it the 'parallel construction' legal-hitman NZ and US tried to pull on Kim keeps backfiring.. this wouldn't be so had this been someone without some $$, any other would be in jail long ago and for a long time

I dont know what your beef is with Dotcom... like him or not... the government disregarded his rights and protections. I hope he wins and so it'll force the government to put in safeguards in the future to make sure they have everything right before they trample over someone else.

Actually as a kiwi, I like him... the NZ Government, not so much...

He has broken no NZ Laws, nor has he been charged with any NZ crimes... the US Govt refuses to show evidence in the case against him for extradition, just 'WERE THE USA, TRUST US'

And we all know megaupload had the best DCMA takedown actioning system of all the file hosting companies...

I dont dislike him at all, what they tried to pull on him is disgusting, eye opening too.

Wonder if there aren't any legal outs, like there apparently are with the NSA here in the US where on the surface the NSA collecting data from all the places you post seems like a violation of the 4th amendment but in reality... it's not because they're not searching you directly.

Back