My SG08 Build..

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
So I kinda went a little overkill on the HTPC steup but in the end I have a machine I can game on in the living room when I have company over. Here are some pics of it mid way built and fully built. The case wasn't that hard to cable but it took some time. There are a few things I could have done cleaner but at the end of the day there is really no Window to show off anything so I was happy with the end results.. FYI the Geminii S524 cooler was mounted with no bottom plate (Asus P8H77-i has stuff in the way) and just the nuts with some insulated washers. I have seen a few ppl do this and felt ok with it. With the cooler fully tightened the board was not warping and I ended up getting 10C cooler load temps over the Vortex Plus and the CPU fan never got over 900 RPM. So the end result was a VERY quiet HTPC even under full load in Prime95.

Specs..

i3 2125
Coolermaster Geminii S524 w/Noctua 120mm NF-F12 PWM Fan
Samsung 1600mhz DDR3 8gb
Asus P8H77-I motherboard
MSI 7790 1gb w/Noctua NF-A9x14 92mm fan mod (much quieter than stock fan)
Silverstone SG08 w/Noctua NF-S12A 120mm PWM Fan
Panasonic Bluray Slim

Last edited:
One thing I forgot to ask.. I noticed I hooked up a Power LED and HDD LED.. I only see one LED on front of the case that is lit up. Is there a 2nd LED? Wasn't sure if maybe hte power button was back lit or something?

First that looks like a slick setup, congrats. I have the sugo 05 and the button is back light so if its not lighting up maybe switch the cable to make sure + is the color and - is the black on the motherboard.

Thanks. Yeah, I started to look for pics online of lit up power buttons but nothing. I had hte SG05 also and remember the power button being lit up.

Back