A Creepy ‘For Rent’ Sign That Follows You Around

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Creepy, funny or just plain good old advertising sense? How would you feel about being stalked by an advertisement sign no matter which you turn? I think it would be pretty entertaining and have some real sales potential in the right environment. :cool:

That is a neat idea to get attention. People will notice that you have a store front for rent.

But why the do they need a fan blowing on the computer like that. They might want to fix that system if that is what is needed for cooling.

More annoying than a popup that won't go away.

That is a neat idea to get attention. People will notice that you have a store front for rent.

But why the do they need a fan blowing on the computer like that. They might want to fix that system if that is what is needed for cooling.
Probably because there is no A/C in the building. ;)

Surprised no one's tried to break in and steal the laptop yet.

OMG my hometown on hardocp front page!

Anyway, Sherbrooke is a small town with lot of college and universities.... we lose like 20% of our population during summer. A nice place to live that's for sure.

Surprised no one's tried to break in and steal the laptop yet.

While there is a lot of poor people in Sherbrooke mostly due to the student population, it is a very safe place to live with not much criminality.

OMG my hometown on hardocp front page!

Anyway, Sherbrooke is a small town with lot of college and universities.... we lose like 20% of our population during summer. A nice place to live that's for sure.

At first i though it was my town, Trois-Rivières, from youtube's freeze frame before playback. First time I read something about Quebec here that is positive!

Probably because there is no A/C in the building. ;)

Even then, this is in Canada not the tropics. There were days when it was over 105F this summer and my AC could only get it down to about 87F. I still had a laptop and desktop running in my house, Neither of them burst into flames. No AC but also only a laptop and the sign running in a large room, it shouldn't be that horrible in there.

That said, they are powering that stuff somehow, so maybe they do have AC. if they even have AC units in Canada.

why would u spend the money to run AC in a building not being used AND that ur trying to sell/rent o_O... kinda goes against business sense

Smart way to advertise, gets people's attention quite well, surprised it's not more common by now imho.

You can spend a lot of money to tell people how great your product is, or you spend a bit less making your product actually good and let them tell each other on that big network thingy that goes around the world.

You can spend a lot of money to tell people how great your product is, or you spend a bit less making your product actually good and let them tell each other on that big network thingy that goes around the world.

The guy made it to advertise the building that he's trying to rent out...

He didn't make the sign to sell.....the bloody sign!

Back