App of the Day: FAH Mobile Monitor

HardOCP News

[H] News
[H] reader extraordinaire Christian Lohmann has let us know that Apple just approved his FAH Mobile Monitor app. Head on over and download the app, give it a try and let us know what you think. :cool:

Folding@home is a project run by Stanford University managing a distributed computing setup based on computing power provided by individuals like you and me. It use mathematical methods of protein folding to help find cures for diseases like Alzheimer's, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease and some kind of cancers. This app is only useful for you if you are an active donor for the Folding@Home project.

Have the recipients of all this computing power discovered any cure yet, or has the years of all this "folding" not produced any results yet?

Have the recipients of all this computing power discovered any cure yet, or has the years of all this "folding" not produced any results yet?

Recently f@h was discovered to be a black NSA project.
We are actually powering part prism's video surveillance network as well as decrypting private emails.

Here is a list of all the decoded messages.
http://folding.stanford.edu/home/papers/

Recently f@h was discovered to be a black NSA project.
We are actually powering part prism's video surveillance network as well as decrypting private emails.

Here is a list of all the decoded messages.
http://folding.stanford.edu/home/papers/

Please...

Lets not forget the Nuclear Fallout Wind Drifts we've been testing. That's been running for about 3 years so far if I remember correctly.

Also as of recently, some of the work my Folding Boxen have been doing has been for HAARPs processing pool, they're staying pretty busy over there in Alaska

IPhone/iPod touch is work in progress; the screen is quite small and I need to shrink the layout. Goal is an universal app

IPhone/iPod touch is work in progress; the screen is quite small and I need to shrink the layout. Goal is an universal app

Boooo! Android ftw!

It's great to see some stuff like this coming down the pipeline. Not only is it a cool gadget for us that are already folding but it also helps get the word out to an even greater audience.

Thumbs up my friend!:cool:

Nice work man, are you interested in getting v6 support? If you are jump on #hardfolding on freenode, i'd be interested in helping, and i bet some others may as well.

Looks good though (Only 1 v7 client so i havent tested quite yet, mainly v6 for myself)

Please...

Lets not forget the Nuclear Fallout Wind Drifts we've been testing. That's been running for about 3 years so far if I remember correctly.

Also as of recently, some of the work my Folding Boxen have been doing has been for HAARPs processing pool, they're staying pretty busy over there in Alaska

I thought they dismantled HAARP?

Nice work man, are you interested in getting v6 support? If you are jump on #hardfolding on freenode, i'd be interested in helping, and i bet some others may as well.

Looks good though (Only 1 v7 client so i havent tested quite yet, mainly v6 for myself)

Thanks for the offer ! Does v6 use a similar remote interface or is it logfile reading ? What I read only v7 has a remote API. Could be wrong.

Oh lord. Seriously?

Seriously. Not all of us are well versed at this. My participation involves loading up a client and running it on a backup pc. I'm not so big into having to rewire my home to support a rack server so I can post on a forum about how much I've helped and how humble I am. Thank you though for confirming why I don't fold for [H] anymore.

A ton of useful results have come from F@H. Many of the HIV/AIDS drugs were developed from the F@H results, just to name one. Look through the program's site and see for yourself.

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/

Thanks, It seems I cannot access this at the moment. I'll have to try from home later.

For those that got their e-peens steeped on, I was genuinely curious. I only hear about the ppd and who is beating who with this project. I never see the benefits posted anywhere. I'll admit, i haven't gone out of my way to look them up. I do see "Join our team" posted pretty often though. Sad, really.

Last edited:
Seriously. Not all of us are well versed at this. My participation involves loading up a client and running it on a backup pc. I'm not so big into having to rewire my home to support a rack server so I can post on a forum about how much I've helped and how humble I am. Thank you though for confirming why I don't fold for [H] anymore.
I think it's unwise to extrapolate an individual to the whole team. I believe most of us
are actually open and empathic.

Thanks, It seems I cannot access this at the moment. I'll have to try from home later.

For those that got their e-peens steeped on, I was genuinely curious. I only hear about the ppd and who is beating who with this project. I never see the benefits posted anywhere. I'll admit, i haven't gone out of my way to look them up. I do see "Join our team" posted pretty often though. Sad, really.

you don't need to re-wire anything to be folding, every bit helps, some are more serious than others when it comes to what they run in their homes. a lot that fold and post on here are also members of other folding sites that post more news about whats new with folding and what research has been accomplished. around here seems to be more focused on how to get the most out of whatever machine you have, or want to have.

why is promoting joining our team a sad thing? genuinely curious.

Actually I was presuming you were trolling as 99.99% of the time when someone asks "What has F@H ever accomplished?" the motive for asking is anything but honest intellectual curiosity.

Sad, really.

I am sorry you are so sad.

vgAf5UP.jpg

I think it's unwise to extrapolate an individual to the whole team. I believe most of us are actually open and empathic.

Point taken, but not really the though that crossed my mind.

you don't need to re-wire anything to be folding, every bit helps, some are more serious than others when it comes to what they run in their homes. a lot that fold and post on here are also members of other folding sites that post more news about whats new with folding and what research has been accomplished. around here seems to be more focused on how to get the most out of whatever machine you have, or want to have.

why is promoting joining our team a sad thing? genuinely curious.

Those comments were an exaggeration.

I guess I'm just not looking in the right place. I just always got the impression that the forum as a whole was more interested in the competition than the results. Like I said, I never really looked intently.

Actually I was presuming you were trolling as 99.99% of the time when someone asks "What has F@H ever accomplished?" the motive for asking is anything but honest intellectual curiosity.

Fair enough.

Finally a new version just got released to AppStore, now as universal app. Running on iPad still gives the better experience.

1) Now working with 7.4.4 client
2) Simple protein visualization
3) Dropbox integration for log file import
4) Box-Plot to see how the current WU lays within the group of other WU of same project and across hardware
5) more statistics with better filter
6) Link to RSS stream and project related information from Stanford
7) limited function also running on iPhone/iPod
8) different design

Let me know if you face any issues (www.fahmm.net)

New design
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/538/pH3d4S.png

Simple protein viewer (sticks, backbone and residue)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/540/ajf9jU.png

Boxplot to compare actual performance with historical values
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/538/kNLJBv.png

Better reporting on historical results
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/912/BPdFmF.png

ajf9jU.png

Last edited:
Happy to inform you about the recent update of the FAHMM app on the AppStore to version 3.0

Main improvements are:

1. Improvements in the visualization of proteins (incl a simple 3D viewer; you need simple glasses to enjoy).
  2. Push notification to inform you when the global available statistics for your donor IDs got changed.
  3. Integration with Apple Watch allowing to receive notification, check progress of work-units, start/pause/stop work-units, and overview of current points
  4. Table-based configuration tool for folding clients (e.g. slot size, client type, ...). Per design it is not possible to change remote password or passkey; for those please proceed as usual today. This might be added in future version based on demand.
  5. Ability to connect via SSH tunnel to your folding systems; the required keys you can create direct on the device; though the public key need to be manually added to the folding clients or the SSH tunnel your primary connect to.
  6. Import of older log files via sFTP or WebDAV and table-based reporting

If you have any question please have a look at http://www.fahmm.net or contact me via [email protected]

Keep folding

Back