US Game Spending For Q2 Reaches $2.88B

HardOCP News

[H] News
While the overall numbers are low compared to the same time last year, the increase in digital sales versus physical sales is impressive.

The $2.88 billion figure includes $769 million spent during the quarter on new physical console and PC software, as well as used and rental spending of $343 million, and digital content (full game downloads, DLC, subscriptions, mobile, and social games) spending of $1.77 billion.

I wonder if all the people cutting the cord to their TV/Cable company has anything to do with it? :D

It seems to me there have been some pretty impressive sales, especially digital in the last year. Tihs doesn't surprise me though as the format is so convenient.

As far as the general number being down, maybe that has something to do with the lack of original, fresh content.

I spend between 100-200 a year on games. That is way down from the 1000-2000 I used to spend. I don't have the motivation or time to play games anymore. And the ones I do play, I tend to play in short bursts like 15 mins or so.

I spend between 100-200 a year on games. That is way down from the 1000-2000 I used to spend. I don't have the motivation or time to play games anymore. And the ones I do play, I tend to play in short bursts like 15 mins or so.

Wow, I hope you're throwing some hardware costs in there too in that larger figure. I've never spent more than a couple of hundred dollars in a year on video games.

Back in the PS2 days, it was easy to but 2 games month. Closer to Christmas, it was usually a bit higher as there were more new releases coming out. This of course was when I was a bachelor and had no bills. Now am married with all that entails.

Wow, I hope you're throwing some hardware costs in there too in that larger figure. I've never spent more than a couple of hundred dollars in a year on video games.

Why are you so shocked that some people buy and play more video games than you do?

Why are you so shocked that some people buy and play more video games than you do?

Because that's an absurd amount of money to spend on games.
Even if they're on sale or he ONLY spent $1000 that's still a lot of money and a lot of games and time spent on games.

@ $60 per game
$1000/60 = 16.66...
$2000/60 = 33.33...

@ $40 per game
$1000/40 = 25
$2000/40 = 50

Back