My new setup

qbanb8582

2[H]4U
Here's my new setup which is finally finished for the most part. Using a panasonic 60" UT50, 2x HDHomerun Primes, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, and my HTPC. The pics aren't the greatest used camera from my phone. Will post pics of actual HTPC soon, need to finish the case mod.

HTPC specs:
Antec fusion case
8 GB DDR3
Asus GTX 660
2x OCZ Vertex2 raid 0 (Boot)
3.0 TB WD Green drive
Samsung BD Drive

Yes thats duct tape around the edges I cut, was too lazy to smooth it out. Still trying to figure out a way maybe make a mesh shroud to put on top.

Cable management isn't the prettiest maybe I'll go and clean it when I'm not feeling lazy lol.

Here is my entire setup in the living room.

Also got a nice setup to run roms using mediabrowser.

This one of my extenders running. I've been very satisfied using an xbox 360 as an extender. This is a cheapo 50" Hisense I got on woot for $400.

Last edited:
Nice, clean set up.

Your 60 inch Panny plasma looks gorgeous.

You said in another thread that you have blu-ray working on your HTPC in WMC. How did you do that? I'm curious as I'm putting a blu-ray drive in my HTPC and wondered how to get it working well.

You said in another thread that you have blu-ray working on your HTPC in WMC. How did you do that? I'm curious as I'm putting a blu-ray drive in my HTPC and wondered how to get it working well.

Just install PowerDVD or Total Media Theatre. After its installed there will be button in the start menu of WMC. I've used both and they both work very well, Im starting to lean towards PowerDVD slightly, I find it to be slightly faster when loading.

But each of them offer a free trial, so you could download it and use it free for 15 days.

Great looking setup. What TV Stand is that?

Its Nexera Brooklyn. Here is a stock pic of it. I got it cuz its modular, I was able to buy them seperately at different times.

NX-Brooklyn-410400-404-2x403-1.jpg

Just install PowerDVD or Total Media Theatre. After its installed there will be button in the start menu of WMC. I've used both and they both work very well, Im starting to lean towards PowerDVD slightly, I find it to be slightly faster when loading.

But each of them offer a free trial, so you could download it and use it free for 15 days.

Thanks for the reply. I wish I'd done the free trial of PowerDVD, as I bought it but the playback is terrible. I keep getting a lot of video corruption when playing blu-ray discs. Guess I need to contact their technical support... :(

Wow that looks awesome, very sick setup! Thanks for showing and giving me some ideas!

Back