Is this my first faulty motherboard?

kag

Weaksauce
I'm building a new computer with the following relevant parts:
Gigabyte B75M-D3H
Core i7 3770 (not K)
Two kits of Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB BLS2KIT4G3D1609DS1S00 (total of four 4GB sticks)

It seems that the motherboard doesn't want to post (continuous short beeps) when a stick is in the two slots furthest from the CPU.

If I try with a single stick, it works with the two slots closest to the CPU, but it's not posting with the other two.

I can put two sticks in the first two slots closest to the CPU and it's fine. But if I put anything in the 3rd and 4th slot, it won't post.

I reseated the CPU twice, cleared the CMOS, checked behind the motherboard that a case riser wasn't shorting something and updated the BIOS.

Is there anything else I should try before asking to RMA?

Probably better off RMA'ing already than wasting your time to do any additional troubleshooting apart from what you've already done.

Nothing you can do but RMA cause tampering with it will void warranty and then no refund or replacement. Agree with mda. I had a board a while ago that had F#@k up Ram slots also. It happends more then people think.

My first ever build (in my sig) I had a motherboard issue. Worked fine for a week, then eventually wouldn't POST with 2 sticks in. Replaced the motherboard and all was well.

Back