CoreText Bug Crashes OS X And iOS Apps

HardOCP News

[H] News
I wonder how something like this happens in the first place but, more importantly, why it hasn't been fixed yet. :confused:

The bug, found in the CoreText framework Apple uses in iOS and OS X, was apparently mentioned on Twitter as far back as February but recently gained attention among the coding and hacking communities. Apple so far has not acknowledged the issue or offered a fix, though researchers claim that while it affects prior versions of OS X and iOS, the latest developer previews of OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 are unaffected.

maybe they already fixed it on the latest OS and had once again taken the silent route, Apple sucks at announcing stuffs like these (well they suck at pretty much everything, my bad,lol)

maybe they already fixed it on the latest OS and had once again taken the silent route, Apple sucks at announcing stuffs like these (well they suck at pretty much everything, my bad,lol)

thats a hugeass MAYBE

There was a guy on here this morning or last night who posted that a series of arabic characters caused their iphone to crash. Said that they tried to report it to Apple's bug reporting, but caused THAT to crash as well, lol.

Can't find the thread though...

I'm so tempted to send a few people some texts right now...

It said in the article that "the latest developer previews of OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 are unaffected"

Just found something funny...copy the arabic text into notepad try to put a space character in between the letters.

It said in the article that "the latest developer previews of OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 are unaffected"

Thats what I meant actually it was stated apple was silent about the issue, so I was thinking maybe they fixed it already as seen in the latest builds but as usual opted not to tel anyone about it.

I put the text on a page and it seems most people using ipads/iphones are definitely impacted, some people with Macbook air's are not impacted. I guess Apple has some fixes already in place and others not.

So, if you know an iphone user you like to irritate, send them a text message with it.

Back