Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Update Fixes Chickens

HardOCP News

[H] News
At first, I thought this was a joke or, maybe it is a joke and I just don't get it. Either way, the chickens in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive have been "fixed." This guy doesn't seem to thrilled.

Do the changes affect how the chickens taste? I don't want any additives or preservatives in my chicken!

The chickens are useful in competition. If a player gets to close the chicken will be alerted and will start clucking, thus giving off the position of the player.

This was a much needed update, especially for competition.

I wish we had chickens in COD4.....LOL... find me as Foo on XK Clan servers for cod4.

CS is ancient. and least with the Modern Warfare Mod COD4 is semi-fresh. Still no blasted chickens though...

Player in video needs to re assess his life if fracking chickens in a video game causes him to rant so hard.

It kinda seemed lke a joke to me. Could nobody else tell that the person he "questioned" was just voice overed with him trying to sound different?

The workds also didn't match up with the mouth movement.

It kinda seemed lke a joke to me. Could nobody else tell that the person he "questioned" was just voice overed with him trying to sound different?

The workds also didn't match up with the mouth movement.

NO WAY. It seemed TOTALLY LEGIT.

player in video sure looks like he is hacking in the beginning.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess you can shoot through walls, trucks, boxes and just about any other obstacle? ..excluding chickens of course ;) They'll absorb your bullets and turn them into feathers. Not sure if that's part of the regular-rules or if he was cheating to shoot through those objects? I guess... a bullet can go through some objects. Not sure about two layers of metal truck. In movies, ppl get shot in cars all the time -- but movies are not realistic. I'm sure a gun fanatic or HL2 fanatic can set me straight :D

I can kind of see how he could 'see' where they were coming from and shoot in advance through walls. There was like the smallest window of notice before he shot and I guess with sound, you might have heard footsteps of the people coming. I think that's just experience from having probably memorized the maps to oblivion and good headset/sounds + played Half Life Counter Strike for .... 8-10 years if he was a day 1 player of the original CS?

The Arnold voice-over for the CS pro player was a bit funny :)

To those who clearly don't play cs:go-
P90 is a bit op (i use it cuz i'm not that good at the game), and when you're firing for anything more than a short burst, your shots go about 0-2m higher than your crosshairs, so it is not unusual to go all headshot heaven on a guy when it appears you are just pointing right at a wall/truck/box.

About this patch-
They had a note about fixing the bomb plant/defuse noises when you are out of LOS, and truth be told, it still isn't fixed. Last night had a game where the defuse noise never played when guy was in same room, and my theory is that if you start a defuse while a grenade is still clinking from bouncing around (the strat being: smoke nade then defuse), the sound may not play. It is hugely annoying.

The chicken thing is just silly.

This is definitely a joke, it's that dry humor so if you're not getting it you're just one of those people who doesn't get it. I think the point he's trying to make is that they should be working on the serious issues with the game instead of screwing around with chickens that really don't affect anything.

Player in video needs to re assess his life if fracking chickens in a video game causes him to rant so hard.
Some of the comments here backup the common conception that Americans don't understand irony. I can't believe anyone would think this is serious.

Not only do many Americans not understand irony, most don't even know what the word means. The original meaning of irony is:

The King's English (1906): "the surface meaning and the underlying meaning of what is said are not the same."
Usage and Abusage (1997): "Irony consists in stating the contrary of what is meant."

Sadly, Americans have abused the word so much it has now lost all meaning.

Some of the comments here backup the common conception that Americans don't understand irony. I can't believe anyone would think this is serious.

Not only do many Americans not understand irony, most don't even know what the word means. The original meaning of irony is:

The King's English (1906): "the surface meaning and the underlying meaning of what is said are not the same."
Usage and Abusage (1997): "Irony consists in stating the contrary of what is meant."

Sadly, Americans have abused the word so much it has now lost all meaning.

Apparently sarcasm is hard to understand also ;) :p

The chickens are useful in competition. If a player gets to close the chicken will be alerted and will start clucking, thus giving off the position of the player.

This was a much needed update, especially for competition.

I always thought they were fine, just another obstacle in the map to keep an eye out for.

Back