Saints Row IV Sells 1M In One Week

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks as though Deep Silver's acquisition of Volition is paying off nicely.

Already hailed as a critical success, Deep Silver & Volition’s Saints Row IV has had a breakthrough commercial achievement as more than one million units sold through in its first week of retail availability. In the first days of availability, the PC version of Saints Row IV more than tripled its first week’s sale numbers over the prior release from THQ, Saints Row: The Third.

A million people just couldn't wait for GTAV.... so they needed a quick fix.

It's nothing like GTA, not since Saint's Row 2 anyway.

I was being half sarcastic but.. define what you mean by "nothing like". They are pretty darn similar:

"Being primarily played from a third person perspective in an open world map scattered with campaign quests, secondary objectives, and various collectibles. The player can steal, drive, and customize vehicles, and purchase weapons and clothing."

Who would have thought that was amounts to a decent add-on/DLC type of package would sell at full price :D

At least The Lost & The Damned, and the Ballad of Gay Tony didn't sell for $60.

I was being half sarcastic but.. define what you mean by "nothing like". They are pretty darn similar:

"Being primarily played from a third person perspective in an open world map scattered with campaign quests, secondary objectives, and various collectibles. The player can steal, drive, and customize vehicles, and purchase weapons and clothing."

So, it's like Mass Effect?

I have a few hours under my belt with SRIV and it has been pretty damn fun. I actually thought I would not like it, but it has grown on me quickly.

A link to BlueNews?! Wow, been a while since I have been there.

r u like being dumb on purpose

If by similar you mean crackdown, prototype, infamous, etc. are all GTA clones then sure. SR 1 and 2, yeah those were similar to GTA. SR 3... I'd say that still falls into being a GTA clone. SR4... might as well not have been called a saint's row game. That's not to say that I don't enjoy playing it, but it's hardly "similar" to GTA. Hell, they pretty much made vehicles, carjacking, and most of the criminal activities completely irrelevant. The activities are mostly a bunch of non-sequitur events that would be better labeled as mini-games. Racing around like The Flash, telekinesis item throwing challenges. If anything it's closer to Double Dare.

So, it's like Mass Effect?
I was specifically referring to "nothing like it" that more than proves that its something like it. It shares way too many basic gameplay elements to say, "nothing like". So please excuse my disregard for your strawman. Plus the style of the game resembles GTA which should not be that hard to understand. GTA basically is the original template for open world 3rd person in a simulated city environment.

r u like being dumb on purpose
I don't respond to nonsense. So pardon my lack of a response. smh...

I was specifically referring to "nothing like it" that more than proves that its something like it. It shares way too many basic gameplay elements to say, "nothing like". So please excuse my disregard for your strawman. Plus the style of the game resembles GTA which should not be that hard to understand. GTA basically is the original template for open world 3rd person in a simulated city environment.

I don't respond to nonsense. So pardon my lack of a response. smh...

It's loosely similar, but different enough not be to a clone anymore.

Saints Row 1 multiplayer on the Xbox brings back lots of memories.

I've had fun with SRIV so far. The path the game has taken from SR1 to now is crazy.
GTAV will be awesome I'm sure, but I won't be playing it until the PC version drops (shame on your Rockstar for making us wait). It's good to hear the PC sales on this game doing so well compared to the last game.

I like that Volition is getting rewarded for bringing us fun games, at least I hope that's what Deep Silver is doing to celebrate this success.

It's one of the few games recently bought that I thought was worth the money...Finished the single player in ~23 hours and am still playing it's quite fun.

Come on Humble Bundle!
Let's get this puppy out the door for a five spot!

:D

Seriously though, I'm just waiting for the price to drop a little then I'll snag it.
That and I want to make sure I'm not hearing anything about massive bugs that make the game unplayable.

It's one of the few games recently bought that I thought was worth the money...Finished the single player in ~23 hours and am still playing it's quite fun.

I'll probably finish up the single player this weekend (about 16 hours in). I love this game for its over the top style.

Back