ECS L337 GANK Machine Z87H3-A2X Extreme

HardOCP News

[H] News
Honestly, I don't have to tell you a single thing about this motherboard at all. Why? Because you and I both know that you are going to click that link just so you can see what a L337 GANK machine looks like anyway. ;)

ECS L337 GANK Machine Z87H3-A2X Extreme comes in a box that could only be described as busy. By that the carbon fiber look of the gold lettering in the GANK logo and the overall carbon fiber look of the box is incredibly colorful when looked at under the lights. You get a brilliant holographic effect as the light bounces off the box with an array of colors.

The ECS board ganked a few benchmarks which lend little support to the 'L337' status as the looks portray. I'd imagine that with BIOS maturity the board could possibly become a contender in the price range. Or, the board could be another case of 'lipstick on a pig'. Only time will tell.

I'm using an ECS X79 board right now, at this very moment. It only boots up with the BIOS jumper in the reset position so it can't save any settings. I can't imagine why someone would buy this, maybe they should work on getting functional, reliable products out before the flashy boxes get their turn?

Back