EA: Our Games Won't Require An Online Connection

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hopefully this starts a trend of publishers and developers making games that do not require an online connection to play their games.

What that does NOT mean is that every game we ship will require an online connection. Many, if not most, of our games include single-player, offline modes that you can play entirely without an Internet connection, if you so choose. We know that’s something many of our players want, and we will continue to deliver it.

Oh, so NOW they buckle from the consumer outcry. Where the fuck was this 5 years ago?

If they fix SimCity so it doesn't require a connection, increase the city size, and quit with the micro-transaction bullshit by just making everything available in the game, then I will buy it. Vote with my wallet.

I get animosity for the years of bullshit...however, this is incredibly promising. Will make me much more likely to purchase their games in the future (something I haven't done in a long time).

But will I have to activate online and make an EA account and have my game added to origin, even if I installed it on steam, just to play a single player game like Alice?

I get animosity for the years of bullshit...however, this is incredibly promising. Will make me much more likely to purchase their games in the future (something I haven't done in a long time).

Not sure why people are whining that EA is heading in the right direction now, either. I have bought plenty of their games over the past years, but I welcome more relaxed DRM with open arms.

But will I have to activate online and make an EA account and have my game added to origin, even if I installed it on steam, just to play a single player game like Alice?

The majority of Origin games can be played offline. You will need an Origin account to DL and add it to your library.

They will continue with the partially completed game, buy the missing parts otherwise known as DLC routine though, I'm sick of that bulls#!t. If I am interested in a DLC laden game, I wait for the GOTY edition, I know it's hurting the developer and I feel sorry for them, but I'm not paying an extra $30-50 to get a complete game that EA thought would be a great idea to break into chunks, I learned that lesson with Dragon Age.

The majority of Origin games can be played offline. You will need an Origin account to DL and add it to your library.

That's the thing, it was a /Steam/ game. But it forced me to sign into origin and copy over a CD key to play it offline. Which was annoying.

So they are going to be the same as STEAM then...except less choice of games.

Back