CM Storm Cherry Blue Keyboard, Corsair K60 Cherry Red $70 AR (ea.)

How does the K60 compare to the G15? Will I miss not being able to see who is talking in Teamspeak on my LCD? I don 't however usually find myself using the G-keys.

Hmm haven't used a mechanical keyboard in ages, glad to see they are making some comebacks.

Last edited:
"Some comebacks"???

I don't know any hardcore PC gamer that hasn't gone to a mechanical keyboard by now.

Get with the times bro! K60 crushes your G15...screw the LCD!

^^ That's my fave membrane keyboard. I have it on the KVM and use the K60 for gaming. Prefer the feedback from the mechanical with FPS.

I don't know any hardcore PC gamer that hasn't gone to a mechanical keyboard by now.

I prefer my G13 for FPS, I like mechanical for MMO/RPGs with a lot of button pushing (Razer Blackwidow TE).

Blue Switches/Blue LEDs
Brown Switches/White LEDs
Red Switches/Red LEDs

wow I have to do some research as I have no idea if the one on sale is what I would be happy with for gaming.

Discount only applies to the blue switches. I wanted to get the brown's to upgrade from my clicky blues ... damn.

Discount only applies to the blue switches. I wanted to get the brown's to upgrade from my clicky blues ... damn.

I was wanting the one with browns also... & I want backlit without blue LED's so thats one of the few compact models out there.

It showed $10 off when I tried the code for the brown switch/white LED board. I would've pulled the trigger 'cuz I love the white backlighting, but I already have the red switch/red LED version from a sale earlier this year.

yeah it seems the brown would be the best for what I need so I will wait for a good sale on that.

It showed $10 off when I tried the code for the brown switch/white LED board. I would've pulled the trigger 'cuz I love the white backlighting, but I already have the red switch/red LED version from a sale earlier this year.

Sorry, I was talking about the CM keyboard.

Sorry, I was talking about the CM keyboard.
So was I. If you follow the Newegg link for the K60 and use that code for the brown CM TK board, you'll get the $10 discount.

Ain't much, but 10 bux izz 10 bux. :D

Last edited:
90 bucks shipped(shoprunner) is borderline tempting since the brown TK looks to be the perfect keyboard for my needs but I will wait.

G15 isnt that bad. Mechanical keyboards are from back in the day, thats why I found it interesting they were making such a huge comeback. I believe they were almost extinct for a while and all (well most of) the laptops I find these days have those annoying flat apple style keys that drive me nuts.

I am looking for a new mechanical but I want to test the difference in the keys for myself. The local frys does not have any keyboards out of the box so i don't know how to decide. From reading, it sounds like Reds or browns would work best for combination of typing and gaming?

Also, The K70 seems to have much better reviews than the K60 is it worth waiting for that?

I can't say I like the ins delete key / numberpad location on that CM keyboard would drive me nuts when coding.

Last edited:
CM Quickfire Pro backlit (partial?) w/ Cherry Brown $70 AR.

Darn if it was only didn't require a rebate to get that price. No rush since I've only just realized my current keyboard is mechanical :p its just annoying since my tilt adjusters broke.

Darn if it was only didn't require a rebate to get that price. No rush since I've only just realized my current keyboard is mechanical :p its just annoying since my tilt adjusters broke.

Man so tempting. There's no volume buttons or knob or wheel though?

I am looking for a new mechanical but I want to test the difference in the keys for myself. The local frys does not have any keyboards out of the box so i don't know how to decide. From reading, it sounds like Reds or browns would work best for combination of typing and gaming?

Also, The K70 seems to have much better reviews than the K60 is it worth waiting for that?

I can't say I like the ins delete key / numberpad location on that CM keyboard would drive me nuts when coding.
The K70 is an excellent mech board. Most people prefer the Brown switches for typing/gaming.

It's basically the K60 with a backlight, or K90 without the keys along left side. You wouldn't be disappointed with either, that said if the K70 were around when I bought the K60 I would've gotten it instead (for the backlight).

Back