Elon Musk Will Unveil Another New Technology Next Week

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Looks like Elon Musk is off his meds again. :D The entrepreneur/car manufacturer/inventor/mad scientist is promising yet another video of a new technology that will look like it’s straight from a sci-fi movie. This should be good. :D

And, uhh no (zillionth person who asked), I am not going to make an IM suit, however design by hand-manipulated hologram is actually useful.

It is easy to just throw out ideas when you have no ability or interest to implement them yourself ... at least other futurists like Ray Kurzweil invent actual stuff ;)

I have a great idea for a device that opens "wormholes" through space, and possible time, to another location. I just need someone else to get working on it because I'm too busy.

I have a great idea for a device that opens "wormholes" through space, and possible time, to another location. I just need someone else to get working on it because I'm too busy.

Explain specifically how it works and then we'll talk.

I totally called it. He made this huge annoucement about some tube thing that will never work to get people to notice him and remember he exists before making a different announcement that will actually be whatever product or thing he's trying to sell. That way he gets extra media attention since more people will kinda remember his name.

At least he's good at manipulating stupid people and the media.

Has he read Aesop's Fable: The Boy Who Cried Wolf?

Keep it up and he'll have no press.

I totally called it. He made this huge annoucement about some tube thing that will never work to get people to notice him and remember he exists before making a different announcement that will actually be whatever product or thing he's trying to sell. That way he gets extra media attention since more people will kinda remember his name.

At least he's good at manipulating stupid people and the media.

Are you joking or stupid? Just because you haven't heard of him doesn't mean no one else has. Have you heard of PayPal, Tesla Motors, or Space X? Because I guarantee you everyone in fields relevant to those companies has and can tell you they are pretty effing amazing and doing very innovative work (except in the case of PayPal which is just kind of there). Remember: just because you can say something, doesn't make it anymore true.

I have second hand experience with the Tesla company and I have to say they are a pretty awsome car company. Not quite my thing yet, but I finally see a very hopeful execution of what this technology can bring. The Roadster was a good start, although a bit of a bastardization. But the Model S is very innovative.

And although their customer relations were iffy in the begining with the production issues of the Roadster, they have really turned around with the Model S.

So I hope they make it.

Wow ...a lot of hate for the guy who founded spaceX and co-founded tesla motors ... no cred there ...

Wait we are hating on the guy who had a hand in building the Tesla S a luxury sports sedan that is fully electric and so safe that it actually broke the testing machines? (Though I am sure that happens fairly frequently.)

Wait we are hating on the guy who had a hand in building the Tesla S a luxury sports sedan that is fully electric and so safe that it actually broke the testing machines? (Though I am sure that happens fairly frequently.)

Not hating on the guy, just making fun of him (or at least the press) for getting so much coverage for just throwing out neat-sounding but highly impractical ideas.

Not hating on the guy, just making fun of him (or at least the press) for getting so much coverage for just throwing out neat-sounding but highly impractical ideas.

I'd rather listen to his impractical ideas than be a cynic these days. Similar to Gene Roddenberry, Aurthur C Clarke, Isaac Asimov and many other futurists, these inventions just require funding and practical applications. It's fun to talk about it, even if we can't accomplish it today.

With the altogether shitty state the world is in today it is fun to look to a hopefully brighter future. But we won't get there unless we all buy in.

The current power grid was considered an impractical idea, same with the internet, same with free ways and space exploration.

I find impractical ideas fun.

Back