Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch to Debut in September

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
After all of the hype about Smartwatches this summer, it looks like we will finally get a chance to catch a glimpse of the Samsung version in about two weeks’ time at the IFA Consumer Electronics Show in Berlin. The expectations run high, so for the sake of all future Smartwatches, this better be good. ;)

Interestingly, our sources tell us that the apps designed to leverage the watch hardware will come not from the Google Play store, but instead from the Samsung App store.

Umm, I think I will stick with my $30 waterproof watch I use for running. Also, I have a GPS watch for when I need that as well. Unless this watch can do Dick Tracy type stuff, no thanks.

Is that the sound of Apple's lawyers ordering their new Bentleys?

Hey! We were the first ones to come up with the idea of putting it on your wrist!

P.S. We rounded the corners, too!

I still don't understand the need for this unless of course you don't carry your phone on you for some reason? My phone does all of this already and it's easy to run with.

I still don't understand the need for this unless of course you don't carry your phone on you for some reason? My phone does all of this already and it's easy to run with.

my girlfriend and I run every other day and she always complains about how big her Samsung Galaxy S3 is on her arm. Compared to my iPhone 4S, it looks like she's wearing a brick strapped to her arm.

Thought about buying her an iPod Touch for running but we both use the MapMyFitness app which requires data plans to talk to the towers. Not sure if an iPod can use MapMyFitness or not. I don't have an iPod to test this on.

She might be interested in this Galaxy Gear since it's a bump-to-sync device with her S3.

Now that I think about it, a translucent screen over an autowind mainspring powered generator would be pretty cool.

my girlfriend and I run every other day and she always complains about how big her Samsung Galaxy S3 is on her arm. Compared to my iPhone 4S, it looks like she's wearing a brick strapped to her arm.

Thought about buying her an iPod Touch for running but we both use the MapMyFitness app which requires data plans to talk to the towers. Not sure if an iPod can use MapMyFitness or not. I don't have an iPod to test this on.

She might be interested in this Galaxy Gear since it's a bump-to-sync device with her S3.

But then won't she have to wear two devices?

Back