The (eTail) World is Ending NOW!

yet another Amazon outage after the one last week... Microsoft and all it's services down last week ( outlook was down 2 days for me), Google was down 2 nights ago (4 min only but news outles report the world traffic was down 40% while google was down)...too many coincidences

Did snowden share too much?

Interesting, the .ca one is sorta up in the sense that it has a page to display:

We're sorry!
An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're already working on the problem and expect to resolve it shortly.

In the meantime, please note that if you were trying to make a purchase, your order has not been placed.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

* Click here to visit the Amazon.ca home page
Toutes nos excuses
Une erreur de système interne a été décelée. Nos équipes techniques se chargent de la résoudre. Nous vous prions de nous excuser pour la gêne causée.

* Page d'accueil

Someone somewhere is starving to do because Amazon didn't deliver their groceries.

skeleton-computer-user_jpg_350x250_crop_q85.png

ya, now the .ca doesn't even load for me. that is strange, all the biggies having huge problems within such a short timeframe?

~$61 billion in sales last year with 27% growth over 2011, so figure 25% sales growth for 2013 for a total of ~$76 billion.

That's ~$209 million in sales per day, on average.
~$8.7 million per hour
~$145,000 per minute

So roughly every 7 minutes Amazon.com is down, they're missing out on about $1 million in sales.

Steve had his foot in the wrong place at the wrong time, again. :p

They probably ran out of the Three Wolf Moon Tee Shirts temporarily. We know what drives sales there!

Glad I'm not buying anything from Best Buy...since I always have them price match Amazon Prime prices.

Works on my end. OP was paid off by Amazon to increase page hits.

I'm really having a difficult time telling if you are serious or not. I can tell you right now, from past experience, Kyle and Company do not operate that way.

Works on my end. OP was paid off by Amazon to increase page hits.

Amazon.com seems to be operating fine though the checkout page did glitch once during the process.

yet another Amazon outage after the one last week... Microsoft and all it's services down last week ( outlook was down 2 days for me), Google was down 2 nights ago (4 min only but news outles report the world traffic was down 40% while google was down)...too many coincidences

Did snowden share too much?

I am wondering the same thing. Far too many coincidences. Possibly a more experienced hacking group, in the spirit of anonymous, but not so stupid as to advertise?

Ah sorry guys that was me. I had to plug the coffee pot in somewhere.

It's that Internet virus, the one that is supposed to cause the bank failures causing martial law to be initiated. :D

The NSA had to put a snoop in their network to monitor everyone looking at the uranium ore.

ya, now the .ca doesn't even load for me. that is strange, all the biggies having huge problems within such a short timeframe?

Nothing to worry about, just the NSA installing their latest hardware snoopers.

I wonder what that does to Amazons SLA, I think they aim for 99.999? Or maybe 99.9999 is their target.

Back