Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Revealed

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
It won’t be long now until Gamescon takes place in Cologne, Germany, revealing many awesome full featured trailers for upcoming game releases. Until then, you will have to settle for an old geezer and EA’s teaser trailer for Battlefield 4. :D

i have to say - normally they make badass BF trailers -- the trailer for BF3 as just jaw dropping... even to this day (after almost 500 hours of gameplay) I still get a nerd boner for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3EFE the way they cut it together, the music, mic chatter, all amazing.

This? nobody really cares about some old guy playing BF4. We want to see explodey things.

That elderly German man was 11 or 12 years old during WW2 ( 1944 ) and a member of the local Hitler Youth group. He is credited with destroying over 10 Russian T34 tanks and causing 75+ casualties. He also had a pet German Shepard that had personally been given a name ( große Bälle - English "Big Balls" ) by Adolph Hitler. This guy was awarded the highest award ever given to a Hitler Youth member, Order Of The Iron Cross First Class.

I just made that up but yeah, wonder why he is in the video.

Can I run BF4 on my Dell XPS 17 ?? (Config -> NVidia GeForce GT 555M,DX 11,6GB RAM,Intel Core i5 Processor)

Im sure you can but I wouldn't count on you running it at the highest rez or with much detail / eye candy turned on.

i have to say - normally they make badass BF trailers -- the trailer for BF3 as just jaw dropping... even to this day (after almost 500 hours of gameplay) I still get a nerd boner for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3EFE the way they cut it together, the music, mic chatter, all amazing.

This? nobody really cares about some old guy playing BF4. We want to see explodey things.
All I thought of while watching that BF3 trailer when it first debuted was Battlefield 3: The Terminator. No change after seeing it again.

But Multiplayer will be awesome as BF3 I hope !! really bewitched by Frostbite 3 Engine Graphics !! just incredible :D

that's the problem. The multiplayer wasn't "awesome". It had limited casual playability... but it quickly became frustrating when you really started looking at how the hit system worked. The client-side detection made for some really whacked up situations. Those of us that played on dedicated voice servers had the ability to pick apart what happened on far too many "abnormal" deaths. We would even do deathmatch against each other and test when and where the hits occurred on one person's screen vs. another.

The results would have been hilarious if it wasn't for how much money we spent on the game.

You have to play the game with the thought process of a sledgehammer because finesse is pointless when the hit system is that jacked up.

We all had hundreds (some over a thousand) hours logged in BF2. But after a month or two of BF3 we all quit.

Now they're trying to entice us back for BF4. "COMMANDER MODE IS BACK!" Well whooptie-doo. We had that in BF2. How is the GAMEPLAY?

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed BF3 quite a bit and think it was excellent as a multiplayer game; the SP aspect left a lot to be desired. Having said that, I think they ended up fragmenting the MP aspect after trying to copy COD Elite and all that stupid shit.

I think they will do the same for BF4 and I don't believe BF4 is that drastic of a change compared to 3. Not to mention after all the shit EA has been over the last year or so alone, I think I'll be staying away from EA games for a awhile.

It would have been much better if they made him cuss like a 14 year old COD player.

8000 hours in the Battlefield series

he "only" has 1400 hours in BF3

Wow I remember seeing this for the first time when it was released. This still may be one of the best game trailers ever made.

BLOW UP ALL THE THINGS

that's the problem. The multiplayer wasn't "awesome". It had limited casual playability... but it quickly became frustrating when you really started looking at how the hit system worked. The client-side detection made for some really whacked up situations. Those of us that played on dedicated voice servers had the ability to pick apart what happened on far too many "abnormal" deaths. We would even do deathmatch against each other and test when and where the hits occurred on one person's screen vs. another.

The results would have been hilarious if it wasn't for how much money we spent on the game.

You have to play the game with the thought process of a sledgehammer because finesse is pointless when the hit system is that jacked up.

We all had hundreds (some over a thousand) hours logged in BF2. But after a month or two of BF3 we all quit.

Now they're trying to entice us back for BF4. "COMMANDER MODE IS BACK!" Well whooptie-doo. We had that in BF2. How is the GAMEPLAY?
Interesting, the hit registration for BF2 had people complaining about how jacked up that one was too.

I still play BF3 a lot. Which in my case is 2hrs/ day every other day. This video still blows me away. And I prolly have about 40hrs on Caspian Border alone. Their official trailers are always good though. I haven't seen a bad one yet, personally. I think this threads trailer was to show that, all kinds of motherfluffers love to play this game.

Great. Now that the trailer is done, they've already started working on BF5.

8000 hours? That's 667 days if he's playing 12 hours a day (8 for sleep, 4 for other duties). Holy crap.

He's 74. Probably long retired and bored as shit. I know I will be when I retire. I can't sit still all day. I need to DO something.

He's 74. Probably long retired and bored as shit. I know I will be when I retire. I can't sit still all day. I need to DO something.

I had to chuckle at the suggestive irony in your statement. Heh, some people would call playing BF all day sitting still, oui, non?

I had to chuckle at the suggestive irony in your statement. Heh, some people would call playing BF all day sitting still, oui, non?

that crossed my mind, but when I say sitting still, I meant doing nothing. ;)

Back