Thais Make Citizens' Arrest of Google Street View Driver

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
When the citizens of a Thai village thought they had a spy in their midst, it became a scene out of Andy Griffith with Gomer running after Barney hollering ‘Citizens Arrest’. :D The townsfolk detained the Google Street driver for questioning.

The Manager newspaper reported that the villagers took the vehicle's driver to a local office to quiz him, then to a temple where they made him swear on a statue of Buddha that he was not working for the dam project.

Last edited:
Got to love the general buffoonery of humans.

It bugs me to think that some would take the ignorant behavior of some impoverished Thai street peasants as indicating anything relevant about the human race as a whole.

It bugs me to think that some would take the ignorant behavior of some impoverished Thai street peasants as indicating anything relevant about the human race as a whole.

this, if i was in their position i'd be just as concerned... yes it seems silly to the first world, but sometimes the first world can be a strange strange place....

MV5BMTI2ODYxNzM3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDMwODUyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR1,0,214,317_.jpg

this, if i was in their position i'd be just as concerned... yes it seems silly to the first world, but sometimes the first world can be a strange strange place....

Well, they believed that nobody would be possibly willing to lie to the one-true god of Buddha and therefore, we could without-a-doubt know he was "telling the full truth and nothing but the truth so help him Budda ;):D" b/c nobody would risk eternal damnation by lieing to the Lord. I mean, only people in a small rural backwater place like Thailand peasants would believe in that kind of philosophy right?

No other legal systems use the same principle with Buddha replaced with 'God' or Jesus Christ and there's not hundreds of millions of Catholics and billions believing in Christianity. Pff, you can't make a judgment about humanity based of what a large portion of the whole world believes.

Oops, meant to quote this one >< can't edit post.

Feel better now?

Speaking of buffoonery...check your shit at the door.

Back