Larry Ellison: Google Did Evil Things, Apple Is Going Down

HardOCP News

[H] News
Good ol' Larry Ellison, you can always count on him for "Quote of the Day." ;)

"We don't compete with Google. We don't do anything Google does. We just think they took our stuff and that was wrong. That's a completely separate issue ... I think what they did was -- was-- absolutely evil," Ellison told Rose.

Coming from the guy who runs a company that bought MySQL and sent people running to Postgres?

Yea because he is clearly a moron right? Come on people.

He is a business man with interesting insights into the market and what is going on today.

He made a great point. We are all up in arms about the NSA but we will let the credit reporting agencies basically know everything and accept private industry having and selling out information as normal.

Yea because he is clearly a moron right? Come on people.

He is a business man with interesting insights into the market and what is going on today.

yup...he's a complete-utter moron.

He made a great point. We are all up in arms about the NSA but we will let the credit reporting agencies basically know everything and accept private industry having and selling out information as normal.

except that credit reporting agencies don't bust down your door with guns drawn
(banks on the other hand will bulldoze or sell off your sh!t and then blame the GPS for giving them the wrong direction).

with that said...dunno...Larry Ellison...moaning and griping...reminds me of Gaddafi ranting about Hussein.
Tea, anyone?

Haha! Google is never gonna live that don't be evil thing down. Someone should have thought of that long before they became the corrupted malware and spyware empire they are now. All big companies look evil to dumb people so having anything related to evil in a publically known statement is just asking to be made fun of at every turn.

What kinda inane lunatic keeps rambling on about how someone stole his companies stuff when a court of law and everybody and their mothers in the tech community has said that they didn't?

Ummm, "Do No Evil" my ass. check out the latest posting about Gmail.

Dear CEO of Company that messed up MySQL, Hudson CI, Open Office, Open Solaris, and Java,

Apple isn't going anywhere, the black turtleneck conglomerate will not allow it. STFU and get back to ruining projects that essentially had no competitor and suing people over using the same code in their range method.

We are all up in arms about the NSA but we will let the credit reporting agencies basically know everything and accept private industry having and selling out information as normal.
We consent to the latter two, not to the former. The difference is chasmic.

People have been proclaiming Apple dead for as long as "PC gaming" has been supposedly dead.

I'm not huge Apple fan but come on .. this guy is a joke.

Dear CEO of Company that messed up MySQL, Hudson CI, Open Office, Open Solaris, and Java,

Apple isn't going anywhere, the black turtleneck conglomerate will not allow it. STFU and get back to ruining projects that essentially had no competitor and suing people over using the same code in their range method.

Java was just as dumb and/or lame when Sun Microsystems owned it.

Ummm, "Do No Evil" my ass. check out the latest posting about Gmail.

You mean the one with the out of context quote that is taken from an old court ruling in which it was decided that third parties need to process messages that they are an intermediary for? and that that doesn't imply that your data is being given to anyone else only that it's being processed by their system and in this case specifically for the purpose of targeting ads?

Yeah no one knew gmail was doing that...

Also the point is still valid that email is plain text and anything you do in unencrypted plain text (ftp, telnet, http(no s)) is not private.

QFT

Not just MySQL, also what they did with Sun Microsystems / Java is a total moron.

To be fair, java was a piece of shit LONG before they came around. Only bad thing I noticed is that the security screen looks like it was designed by a spyware creator.

Ellison is inherently evil too. He took the guy that ruined HP (Mark Hurd) and held him up like a hero, gave him a raise and is still shielding him today.

The power that the credit bureau's wield is pretty crazy too. The put people in very difficult positions that can affect their lives dramatically. I'm trying to get my credit cleaned up some (medical issues -> medical bills) so I went to annualcreditreport.com. The security questions they ask there are crazy sometimes, but I acquiesced to have them send me a copy thorugh the mail. I got my copy, compared them to the security questions only to find out there was nothing on my report about those questions to which I answered correctly. When I cornered Equifax about it they tried to blame it on annualcreditreport.com. I told them it was their website asking the questions. hey ran me around in circles and tried to sell me crap so I called the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on their butts. At least we now have someone to oversee them.

We consent to the latter two, not to the former. The difference is chasmic.

I don't know that we necessarily consent. I think people know it's a corrupt system and it's crazy to let capitalist corporations run our lives like that, but people think they stand on their own. I forget what business is doing it but I know for certain Xbox One's ToS prevent class-action lawsuits. Frankly, this is crap, because few people are going to stand up to MS. While I understand the little man receives little compensation in class action lawsuits it still brings to light certain issues easier pursued by corporate lawyers than ordinary people with limited funds/knowledge.

Back