NVIDIA: GTA 5 Coming To PC This Fall

HardOCP News

[H] News
Like most of you, I have no plans of playing GTA 5 unless it comes out on PC. So, here's to hoping that this is true. ;)

The disparity reflects how consumers use these different classes of PCs. Many consumers look for PC as a general purpose device they can use for browsing, email, social media and video. "But much of this can be better served by a tablet. In contrast, gamers are preparing their systems for a strong roster of games coming this fall, including blockbuster franchises, such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, Grand Theft Auto 5 and Assassin's Creed 4."

I don't plan on playing ANY game unless it comes out on PC.

I don't plan on playing GTA5 (or any member of the GTA family) regardless of what platform it comes out on. :p

i love PC but GTA series for me is one better played on console...except when you need to do some precise dam shooting :D

Interesting

Yet sales of speciality PCs like gaming systems and work stations continue to grow.

Cause every other article you read says PC gaming is dieing and PC sales are so low that OEM's are going out of buisness left and right and no one buys computers any more

I'll believe this with an official release from Rockstar. Until then, I'll just wait for the clarification memo.

Zarathustra[H];1040119021 said:
I don't plan on playing ANY game unless it comes out on PC.

I don't plan on playing GTA5 (or any member of the GTA family) regardless of what platform it comes out on. :p

Riveting.

If this is true, it will be the first GTA title I've bought since I got GTA Vice City on the PS2.

This fall? Considering fall is almost here I somehow doubt that. Not to mention Rockstar's website is still only showing pre-orders for PS3/Xbox

An NVIDIA spokesperson has offered this official response; whether you believe it or not falls to you.

“Please note, during our Thursday’s earnings call, our investor relations team provided a list of important games that gamers are looking forward to on PC this fall, and included Grand Theft Auto V on that list. This statement was made with the intent of expressing enthusiasm for the games industry in general, and was not intended to represent specific knowledge possessed by NVIDIA. NVIDIA does not have information on any possible PC version release of Grand Theft Auto or its availability. We deeply regret the error.”

I'll be honest, GTA5 looks good. I didn't much care for the fourth, but it seems like they've learned from the mistakes they made. While I have generally liked all of the GTA games, they aren't really my genre of games. But... give me enough fun things to do in a well built world and I'm happy.

GTAIV was released on the PC like seven months after it came out for the consoles. If they are planning a PC release for V maybe it'll be on the same schedule.

i love PC but GTA series for me is one better played on console...except when you need to do some precise dam shooting :D

Please tell me one way in which gta is better on a console than on pc. I will note that i.ll be playing it on my lounge, on my 55" screen, xbox controller in hand with my mouse to the right. All of this running on hardware lightyears ahead of the current consoles and miles ahead of next gen consoles.

An NVIDIA spokesperson has offered this official response; whether you believe it or not falls to you.

“Please note, during our Thursday’s earnings call, our investor relations team provided a list of important games that gamers are looking forward to on PC this fall, and included Grand Theft Auto V on that list. This statement was made with the intent of expressing enthusiasm for the games industry in general, and was not intended to represent specific knowledge possessed by NVIDIA. NVIDIA does not have information on any possible PC version release of Grand Theft Auto or its availability. We deeply regret the error.”

too late. cat's outta the bag.

if they wanna make mo money, they'd better port that shit before xmas. They've been working on the xbox1's version for a while now. Easy port to pc.

too late. cat's outta the bag.

if they wanna make mo money, they'd better port that shit before xmas. They've been working on the xbox1's version for a while now. Easy port to pc.

Where did you read that GTA V is coming to Xbox 1? Everything i've ever read has clearly said it will be on 360.

Please tell me one way in which gta is better on a console than on pc. I will note that i.ll be playing it on my lounge, on my 55" screen, xbox controller in hand with my mouse to the right. All of this running on hardware lightyears ahead of the current consoles and miles ahead of next gen consoles.

Yeah... not sure why consoles are better for GTA games... I did a pretty damn good job with keyboard and mouse through all previous ones.

Besides the distance I sit from my 23" monitor actually gives me a larger angular size than me sitting on my couch looking at my 46" TV, i.e. the computer looks bigger.

Very interesting...

GTA 5 coming from consoles will per defacto be AMD optimized, now, NVidia seems perhaps willing to also pay extra to optimize the game for their hardware?

Game developers must be loving how this is turning out...

Very interesting...

GTA 5 coming from consoles will per defacto be AMD optimized, now, NVidia seems perhaps willing to also pay extra to optimize the game for their hardware?

Game developers must be loving how this is turning out...

If you believe games will run better on AMD retail GPU's because consoles have a custom piece of AMD silicon you're incredibly naive, its little more than marketing bullshit.

If you believe games will run better on AMD retail GPU's because consoles have a custom piece of AMD silicon you're incredibly naive, its little more than marketing bullshit.

we will see now won't we... ;)

NVIDIA reached out to us today to clarify statements that were made the other day about the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V. Here's the company's official statement:

“Please note, during our Thursday’s earnings call, our investor relations team provided a list of important games that gamers are looking forward to on PC this fall, and included Grand Theft Auto V on that list.

This statement was made with the intent of expressing enthusiasm for the games industry in general, and was not intended to represent specific knowledge possessed by NVIDIA. NVIDIA does not have information on any possible PC version release of Grand Theft Auto or its availability. We deeply regret the error.”

Dear Nvidia, nobody cares. After DE:IW, the last thing any PC gamer wants to see is a console port.

Considering how shitty of a port GTA IV was (runs like shit on a modern PC), I don't have high hopes on another Console -> PC port.

He is obviously not talking about you. He is talking about the majority of gamers that have a "normal" pc hooked up to a ~24in monitor with a mouse and keyboard. I rather play on my 50in plasma via my console. No fucks were ever given about the big pixels either. I shall enjoy GTAV the same way.

Who cares. Can I get Sleeping Dogs 2.
Heh, that was a nice rest stop before GTAC is finished but it is far from being on GTA's level. Hella fun though.

Then why did Dr. Kevin say that Rockstar was working on it? Perhaps Kevin is trolling us or something?

Links or you just making this shit up.

He is obviously not talking about you. He is talking about the majority of gamers that have a "normal" pc hooked up to a ~24in monitor with a mouse and keyboard. I rather play on my 50in plasma via my console. No fucks were ever given about the big pixels either. I shall enjoy GTAV the same way.

Heh, that was a nice rest stop before GTAC is finished but it is far from being on GTA's level. Hella fun though.

Links or you just making this shit up.

What's GTAC? Are you talking about Chinatown Wars? Because that's already finished.

Damn, here I was thinking it was a given that it would be on PC. Why the hell would Rockstar not be releasing info on it if it was coming out on PC? I can only come up with that Rockstar is just not that interested in PC. PR is money, you'd think they would be capitalizing on it. Doesn't sound too good for us PC gamers relating to this game.

Damn, here I was thinking it was a given that it would be on PC. Why the hell would Rockstar not be releasing info on it if it was coming out on PC? I can only come up with that Rockstar is just not that interested in PC. PR is money, you'd think they would be capitalizing on it. Doesn't sound too good for us PC gamers relating to this game.

Umm, what do you mean damn? - IT IS coming to PC. Rockstar has never stated otherwise.

As far as your second question "Why the hell would Rockstar not be releasing info on it if it was coming out on PC?", seriously learn to use the hard forum search, this question has been answered a hundred freaking times here and it's getting old. The dead horse has been beaten to a pulp.

As far as your second question "Why the hell would Rockstar not be releasing info on it if it was coming out on PC?", seriously learn to use the hard forum search, this question has been answered a hundred freaking times here and it's getting old. The dead horse has been beaten to a pulp.

Well I guess this whole thread is a dead horse then. Excuse the fuck out of me dude.

Well we know its going to be using a beefed up MP3 engine,and that game on pc played fine. So i dont think the pc version of gta5 will be as big as a mess gta4 was. I was thinking about getting it for ps3 but then i realized its just a game and why hinder myself when i can play it on my pc whenever it comes out for it.

Well I guess this whole thread is a dead horse then. Excuse the fuck out of me dude.

that guy's response was a little over the top, but I'm sure they have their reasons for not releasing more info about a PC version if one is planned. example maybe they weren't confident in being able to release a polished enough PC version to launch alongside the console version, so rather than create confusion with multiple release dates and have console dumbs misunderstand it as being delayed yet again, they'll keep it simple and let console version launch as planned.

this is a massive release with hundreds of millions on the line, so certainly these moves are very calculated, can't blame them.

What's GTAC? Are you talking about Chinatown Wars? Because that's already finished.
Haha, I'm going to assume you are joking. Nice one though. :)

Umm, what do you mean damn? - IT IS coming to PC. Rockstar has never stated otherwise.

I emailed Rockstar specifically about XboxOne and PC plans and they responded that they had no information that they could share with me at this time.

I find it funny games are designed and developed using PC's, but created for console use, and then later ported to play on a PC......seems like a strange cycle to me, but that's how it goes.

GTA4 is one of the few pc games I find myself going back to often...mainly because the mod community that exists for it. Most recently I installed the iron man mod, and found it quite fun to fly around the city as Iron Man.

I'm sure they'll release on PC, when is the question. I hope when GTA5 comes out for PC that some killer mods will closely follow.

Back