People Who Buy Apple Products Are Narcissists

HardOCP News

[H] News
It's not like we need an expert to tell us this....but it helps. :D

The attraction of technology stems in part from our admiration of ourselves; personal technology points us back to ourselves. The man sees the computer as a separate entity, and yet the computer responds to his every move as if he were looking in a mirror. The computer symbolizes an extension of human thought, communication, and memory.

I disagree. There is an interesting but important part missing.

The computer can be the extension of our idealized self. Nothing more nothing less. THAT is why so many people love it.

I think it has a lot to do with emotion. People want to feel like they made a good purchase. Apple has positioned themselves in such a way that a lot of people make emotional connections with their devices, some sweet sweet robot love. This is also the same problem we have with politics. People feel like they are casting a good vote or supporting a good cause, but they fail to use their mind. It's 95% emotion and 5% brain, the end result is often that you get excruciatingly taken advantage of. But what does it matter? You feel good about it, so all is well! FEELINGS YAY. :) </$0.02>

Can't truly love others unless you love yourself! :D

I have Apples, Winboxes, and Linboxes.

It's a love/hate thing ...

One thing you gotta say about Apple shit. It be sexy. After years of beige boxes, someone was bound to make a puter that didn't look like ass.

yup, step-dad had to be a jerk about getting his mini-Ipad.

Technological diversity makes me happy.

Windows desktop gaming PC
Apple MacBook Pro Retina & iPhone 5
Google Nexus 7 tablet

:)

... and sometimes you just need to buy a certain product (ipod in this example) because it's the only device that will attach directly to your Remote Control transmitter to get real-time data.

But they only mentioned MAC vs. PC, so perhaps I missed the point and these devices don't apply. That must be the case, since I'm getting older and uglier every day. Narcissistic thoughts are that last thing going through my mind.

Buying any high priced piece of electronics is not much different ... We buy it because we can ... we milk those upgrades to our PC to get a few extra FPS in the latest games because we can and it gives us a sense of achievement over the ones who can't ... all high end electronics are about narcissism, regardless of the Brand :cool:

In-laws: Apple is so good. They make the best stuff. It never crashes like Windows.
Me: Your Mac must be running Windows then, because I'm always fixing that damn thing. ;)

Apple products are simply well engineered, which translates into a better user experience.

I find myself using my iPad longer than I should, simply because it feels good to use.

Or they buy them because they excel in their respective classes in some cases, I hated Apple until I actually used their rMBP.

iMac, iPhone, Apple TV, not so much.

One thing you gotta say about Apple shit. It be sexy. After years of beige boxes, someone was bound to make a puter that didn't look like ass.

I thought these looked like ass then and I still think they look like ass now.

xMV3wNa.jpg

It's 95% emotion and 5% brain, the end result is often that you get excruciatingly taken advantage of. But what does it matter? You feel good about it, so all is well! FEELINGS YAY. </$0.02>

Welcome to humanity :)

Apple has done their job... separate people with more of their money than they should and instill emotions of justification, happiness, and superiority while doing so. Nothing new here...Apple has been doing this for decades.

We have all attained enlightenment. Let us express our contentment with technological diversity through the wonder of interpretive dance.
First, we must strip naked, paint our balls blue, form a circle around a raging fire, then howl in unison to purge our souls in preparation for...

The Singularity.

I have an iPad and iPhone because they work. It's like magic. Lol
I'm probably going to replace my htpc with an Apple TV since it just works.

I thought these looked like ass then and I still think they look like ass now.

xMV3wNa.jpg

Try this one - http://www.apple.com/imac/

They look amazing in person, too. The screen is just so beautiful. I can't do much work with it, but it's damn nice looking. Just sleek and great.

I love my PC, though. Take it apart, put it back together, upgrade this, replace that... iPad is great, too. Android tablet? Awesome. I like diversity. I even have a gay Windows 8 tablet that runs Android applications (Bluestacks).

I am a narcissist and I have an iPhone. But I only have an iPhone because its the smallest modern smart phone so when I put my dick on the screen it makes my dick look bigger and more powerful.

So the smaller the phone the bigger my dick. Doesn't really matter who makes it.

I also drive a smart car. Yep its because of my penis.

I am a narcissist and I have an iPhone. But I only have an iPhone because its the smallest modern smart phone so when I put my dick on the screen it makes my dick look bigger and more powerful.

So the smaller the phone the bigger my dick. Doesn't really matter who makes it.

I also drive a smart car. Yep its because of my penis.

I prefer to date women with small hands.

Fuck you all, it's all about ME.......... Apple for the win, [H] Bitches! :D

Apple has done their job... separate people with more of their money than they should
In my experience Apple customers aren't particularly rich, just bad at managing their finances. If Apple targeted rich people they wouldn't have to advertise buying their machines on credit.

First, we must strip naked, paint our balls blue, form a circle around a raging fire, then howl in unison to purge our souls in preparation for...

The Singularity.

I bet 90% of guys on this forum already have blue balls. :p

Seriously, I have MacBook Pro for traveling. It is cheapest armored computer and it's easy to pass through airports.

And an iPad. I think it's stupid, but the kids love it.

And iPhones. Simply put, there is no other OS on a webphone that is easier to use.

I was actually serious about the size thing. I'm a High Res High DPI in a small frame kind of guy. All the other phones while increasing their resolution are also making the screen bigger which make the phone bigger which makes it have more impact in my pocket.

........................also I think people with Hacked iPhones and MacBook Pro's running Windows 7 are excluded from being considered as apple people.....mostly because I don't want to lumped in with those Narcissistic bitchtarts.

Try this one - http://www.apple.com/imac/

They look amazing in person, too. The screen is just so beautiful. I can't do much work with it, but it's damn nice looking. Just sleek and great.

I love my PC, though. Take it apart, put it back together, upgrade this, replace that... iPad is great, too. Android tablet? Awesome. I like diversity. I even have a gay Windows 8 tablet that runs Android applications (Bluestacks).

That is such a sexy bitch. Hurt me baby, make me write bad checks!:p

What is on my work desk? A 30" HP 2560x1600? with a clone box, nVidia 6xx, and AMD hexacore. I don't care what my desk looks like. :D

But that Apple gives me a schtiffen.:D

I was actually serious about the size thing. I'm a High Res High DPI in a small frame kind of guy. All the other phones while increasing their resolution are also making the screen bigger which make the phone bigger which makes it have more impact in my pocket.

........................also I think people with Hacked iPhones and MacBook Pro's running Windows 7 are excluded from being considered as apple people.....mostly because I don't want to lumped in with those Narcissistic bitchtarts.

I was given a Dell Streak. This is a webphone with a huge screen. I had no problems with portability. The OS was a serious PITA. It sits there, unused. It's technically superior to the iPhone, but I don't want to dink with busted software.

I personally love the old Emac's. Even to this day, they look pretty sweet. Apple makes some sexy stuff. :D

Back