Unisys and Intel Join Forces on Breakthrough Secure Computing Platform

HardOCP News

[H] News
Unisys Corporation today announced that it is partnering with Intel Corporation to bring to market a breakthrough secure computing platform designed to handle the most demanding requirements of mission-critical cloud and big data workloads, while offering Unix clients a cost-effective path off legacy RISC-based platforms onto an Intel-based environment.

I love that US companies are still trying to give the allusion that there is such a thing as IT Security.

We now know that there is no way the US government permits any US company to create and sell a security product that does not have a backdoor for them to exploit.

All IT Security hardware and software is pointless now. All it's good for is keeping out total amateurs.

I love that US companies are still trying to give the allusion that there is such a thing as IT Security.

We now know that there is no way the US government permits any US company to create and sell a security product that does not have a backdoor for them to exploit.

All IT Security hardware and software is pointless now. All it's good for is keeping out total amateurs.

Yeah this! Firewalls, antivirus, intrusion detection systems, access controls, password policies, port- or 802.1x-based network security, and user education are all a huge waste of time. It's a lot cheaper to just not even bother with that stuff. Encrypting laptop drives or your off-site backups has been a huge burden on IT staff and there's literally never been a good reason to do it. Link-based encryption and VPN services are also cumbersome too. Since literally everyone hacks into a system because its so easy and no security countermeasures stop them, we may as well stop freaking out about the whole security thing.

It's a lot harder to hard backdoors and exploits when the source code is open.

I have to laugh at people who trust closed-source software with their security. What assurance do you have that there isn't a backdoor - their word? What's that worth these days when the government muzzles its collaborators?

Back