CaseLabs Merlin SM8

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are on the hunt for a new enclosure, the techPowerUP! crew has the CaseLabs Merlin SM8 in house for a little review action.

CaseLabs is known for their modular cases because they allow for the most intricate water-cooling setup without compromising on quality. While their cases have been quite large in the past, the Merlin series offers smaller, more traditionally sized enclosures. We take the SM8 for a spin to see how it fares.

This is looking really promising, I was going to do a M-ITX build with a Ncase M1 but this has me thinking of going full sized again. Dam you CaseLabs ! :confused:

Caselabs makes a case for itx. After seeing what they offer I really have no clue why anyone would buy any other case unless it is a money issue.

Heres mine, so you guys can see what you can do with this case. I used up the bottom area for the light box, but you can install a rad there as well as in the front.

aWH50G1.jpg

c5tJuF1.jpg

Reviewing a case labs enclosure with air cooling is just wrong. These things are meant for proper custom water cooling (like the post above shows). I plan to get a case labs myself once I get the money together for my WC setup.

shiny, totally want one but not sure if I can justify the $400+ one would cost. Love how the PSU can be mounted on the top or bottom. (I like mine on the top, too many cases are bottom only now)

the only weakness is the lack of fan filters.

HUGE case, itty-bitty motherboard.

You are now hearing everything in Robin William's voice.

Back