Sony Rejects Bid To Sell Off Entertainment Divisions

HardOCP News

[H] News
If Sony can pull out of its five year funk, they might actually be able to do what they say they are going to do. Obviously the company can't continue to post massive losses and expect to have any money to fund its business plans, strategies, expansion or development.

“Sony’s Board and management believe it has adequate capital resources to fund its business plans,” the letter read. “Should Sony require capital, or in the event of unanticipated events, the company’s priority would be to raise capital without selling a portion of an asset fundamental to the growth strategy, and without unnecessarily burdening Sony’s ability to execute its business strategy for both entertainment and electronics.”

They'd be better off selling their electronics business. Until the Xperia came out, I hadn't seen a Sony product I'd consider buying in a long time.

I have a couple of Sony products (PS3, controllers, etc.) but like BladeVenom - they just don't offer much that I'd be interested in, and certainly not a the premium price they tend to sell their stuff at. Never mind that everything they make leans towards proprietary, and there's always optional shit that they should have included in the first place.

Meanwhile, everyone else makes stuff just as good (if not better) and doesn't charge for a remote, a cable, or whatever else.

No surprise considering this stems from some fuckhead Hedge Fund manager who didn't make the EXACT planned returns he invested when he helped fund a few movies.

Back