30 Minutes of The Elder Scrolls Online Gameplay

Any Cliff Notes for someone who doesn't feel like spending half an hour watching it?

Certainly looks like Skyrim with multiplayer instead of AI followers. The combat looks very similar. I guess that could be a good or bad thing, depending on whether one likes Skyrim's combat feel.

Bleh. Much more interested in EQ Next at this point. ESO is just more of the same crap we've been spoon fed for the last 15 years.

I'm not bleh but I prefer a story driven game in most cases. Buuut.. EQ Next at this stage does look freaking amazing!

An MMO sounds like a great idea nearing the 20th anniversary of Elder Scroll's.... Said no one ever.

Just you wait, we'll have an expansion that includes a new playable race of pandas.

:(

they need to allow it to be made prettier. ala enbseries and the like.

then i will buy.

garbage no strategy game play. this is just simply everyone in and smash mouse 1's until everything dead...

how is this any different from other low level MMO instances except with an ES theme?

Not looking forwards to in the least

I expected something better than this entirely, this just looks like Skyrim with a multi-player mod

I watched this video carefully, and it appears that the weapons are not collision based like Skyrim. They seem more like swing/shoot in the general direction and you get a hit. Being skillful with a bow in skyrim is hard (hitting targets at a distance in the head, accounting for ballistic drop). Pulling the bow back to get maximum power and such.
This seems like a bow shot is a cycle...ie. hit bow button and shot happens and hit..now roll dice for damage.
also in meelee, I did not see any blocks. block timing and bash are the funnest things in skyrim meelee. Now skyrim needs to hire Chivalry devs to integrate that combat into their game...that would rock.

One of the reasons that I like The Elder Scrolls is that it is not an MMO.

This times infinity. I can't lose myself in a world filled with 14 year olds running around trying to get that sweet rare drop on that one raid boss. Almost all MMOs are utter carrot-on-stick garbage.

Been playing it the last few months, it's decent I suppose, but I've just been playing it solo the whole time.

Novulux,
How is the combat compared to Skyrim? Is it more everquest like, or is it more FPS?

I'm not bleh but I prefer a story driven game in most cases. Buuut.. EQ Next at this stage does look freaking amazing!

EQNext = disney characters jumping around modified Planetside 2 maps. It didn't vault me over the fascination threshhold.

But then neither did ESO. Same clunky movement/jumping/combat mechanics as Skyrim and previous ES games. When enemy goes down it looks like a cardboard standup just flopping over, the kind of thing typical of games 10-15 years ago.

Not impressed. Unless there's a dramatic change, I wouldn't even bother installing it.

is there a way to turn off the highlights around your target? The glowing outlines looks terrible but so does this game in general.

is there a way to turn off the highlights around your target? The glowing outlines looks terrible but so does this game in general.

Very Left4Dead'ish, no? Breaks any sense of immersion that might've been left if you get past the fact the enemies behave like those in A:CM.

Seems like a low framerate...

I know people that will play this. I'm not into MMO's, as I can pick up a game and play for a week, take a month off and come back and play again. I'm not a long term gamer where I pick it up and play and play and play until I beat it.

Looks fun, but not my type of game. My kids will probably like it, though.

The mega raid seem interesting though. 50+ people working together to get a raid done seems cool.

This times infinity. I can't lose myself in a world filled with 14 year olds running around trying to get that sweet rare drop on that one raid boss. Almost all MMOs are utter carrot-on-stick garbage.

Tried them 10 years ago and quickly lost interest. All the games since have pretty much been sports, Civ, or RPGs (no multiplayer). Some CS:Source back in the day but you can only play a map so many times. Even Borderlands 1 and 2 multiplayer was pretty dull compared to the storyline.

Saw quite a bit of it at Quakecon. The story sounds along the lines of the same as Oblivion, which is awesome to me because I loved that one. The gameplay looked really solid too and the ability to go into first person mode sold me.

Also I hope it has Oculus Rift support, which I also got to try at Quakecon this year, exciting! :D:D:D

Nothing new here. While people bust on WoW a lot, this is no WoW killer. WoW killed itself, and is only hanging on because of the rabid fanbase. The only MMO that i thought had promise was The secret world. But nobody was playing it.

Maybe I expect too much but this looks like crap. I know they code for the lowest common denominator hardware wise but the graphics look like crap and don't belong anywhere in today's graphic standards.

And maybe nobody realized but its been discussed in the Games forum here, there's no free-aim like Skyrim, its basically "tabbed-aiming" aka EZMODE, you move from locked target to locked target.

More on the targeting, from Bethesda:

So, while we don’t have traditional tab-targeting, we do have a system where if enemies are close together, you can tab to select the one you wish to hit. Think of this more as an aid to aiming, and this can be especially effective for ranged combat.

All targeting is ultimately based on where your reticle is aimed–when you have your reticle aimed at a monster (or group of monsters) you can lock onto a target and even cycle through a group to select the one you want to attack. In the case of monsters that are closely stacked on each other, the one you have ‘selected’ is the one your attacks will hit.

Been playing beta multiple times but no Cyrodiil test yet which will make this game shine imo. Overall I have positive impressions otherwise.. That's about as far as I will "leak".

Maybe I expect too much but this looks like crap. I know they code for the lowest common denominator hardware wise but the graphics look like crap and don't belong anywhere in today's graphic standards.

Crappy streaming compressed live video, what else would you think think regardless of what game?

WTF? Jeremy Soule isn't even doing the music to this.

My point is that on a 640p compressed live stream, any game is going to look like crap. You can’t judge visuals fromtthat.

That wasn't his point. A sharper picture wouldn't make the gameplay better.

Back