WiFi Enabled Tooth That Tells On You

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ladies and gents, I give you the technology gone wrong story of the week. WiFi teeth that tell on you for smoking or drinking. :rolleyes:

A sensor embedded in a tooth could one day tell doctors when people have defied medical advice to give up smoking or eat less. Built into a tiny circuit board that fits in a tooth cavity, the sensor includes an accelerometer that sends data on mouth motion to a smartphone.

I wonder what the tooth fairy would pay for one of those.....

Ladies mouth motion data could probably tell the doctors a thing or to about their private lives as well. :eek:

If it talks to a smartphone with a Google OS, expect Google to harvest mouth data to "better your life" by advertising toothpastes and oral sex barriers to you. :p

So just when [good] dentists were finally starting to move away from highly toxic amalgam fillings and all their associated health problems... some idiot comes up with this brilliant idea.

I actually think this is a great idea. Not to tell on you to your doctor but for people convicted of a crime while drinking. Similar to house arrest from alcohol.

hahahaha....in my mouth....would last maybe a week...(ethanol, etc)

I actually think this is a great idea. Not to tell on you to your doctor but for people convicted of a crime while drinking. Similar to house arrest from alcohol.

The problem with that mentality is that when they micromanage all of our lives to the point that they know everything we do, they will be able to convict all of us of something. That will give them the "justification" to implant all of us with devices like this. Everyone on earth will be in a lifetime state of house arrest.

The problem with that mentality is that when they micromanage all of our lives to the point that they know everything we do, they will be able to convict all of us of something. That will give them the "justification" to implant all of us with devices like this. Everyone on earth will be in a lifetime state of house arrest.

I'm all for having a 100% private life with no tracking/snooping/technology.... but if you as a free person make a series of bad choices that are illegal and/or wind up costing someone their life - then you deserve to lose that freedom. Same thing with the smoking, if you are serious about quitting smoking (and your doc offers this as an aid) then it's your option to use, if it helps you, great! if not. turn if off or get it uninstalled.

If you can't control your drinking and as part of your punishment you agree to have this installed, who gives a crap about your 'right to privacy' after you plowed your car into your neighbors house driving drunk one night.

I have no sympathy for drunk drivers - the idea that innocent people coming back from a dinner, minding their own business, driving 100% legal lose their lives because some piece of shit is too stupid to know when to stay in. Sickens me. Personally if someone takes a life due to their DUI or DWI driving... they should be forced to sober up, and publicly hung after a speedy trial. No exceptions.

Back