Instagram More Depressing Than Facebook

HardOCP News

[H] News
Instagram is more depressing than Facebook? I don't know, that's a tough one there.

A closer look at Facebook studies also supports an untested but tantalizing hypothesis: that, despite all the evidence, Facebook is actually not the greatest underminer at the social-media cocktail party (that you probably weren’t invited to, but you saw the pictures and it looked incredible). Facebook is not the frenemy with the most heads. That title, in fact, goes to Instagram.

I can see it being depressing, but not for everyone who uses it. The people that are on Facebook are generally older, midlife crisis types who are trying to seem cool or trendy. They buy the latest gadgets like an Android phone or a Nexus tablet and they hop on Facebook to make themselves feel more connected because they're starting to think, "Oh no! I'm 35 this year and I know I'm old now, but I want to deny it for as long as I can."

Instagram is the latest thing for teenagers and young adults who have their whole lives ahead of them still. They know the world is going to basically be theirs in a decade or so once their Facebook using parents pass away. When a Facebook resident looks at Instagram, the photos they see totally remind them of how they're in their twilight years so it makes them sad. They start lamenting the time they wasted smoking dope, getting a huge mortgage they couldn't afford, and standing around their office talking about cars or football when they could have been working to get ahead like their children are donig now.

So is it depressing to everyone? No, of course not. However, it would be disappointing to look at a younger, smarter, better generation and be worried what'll happen when you're confined to a bed in a few more years and the people who saw you sitting around at work surfing the Internet for stuff to buy of the latest scores are taking care of you. They'll remember all the wasteful things the Facebook generation did to itself and the world and care accordingly. That's not only depressing, but also scary for them and I sometimes wonder if those people have even the slightest bit of remorse for all the damage they've done to society. Probably not, they're too busy posting pics of their gas hogging SUV and 5 bedroom house they got with loans to notice.

In a study sponsored by facebook, researchers found that instagram was more depressing than facebook and instagram users were 20 times more likely to commit suicide. Scientists recommend that everyone stop using instagram and switch back to facebook for their own safe.

I can attest that Instagram is more depressing for the "second hand" user. If my wife shows me any more pictures of peoples food or the sky I may sink back into watching David Firth videos all day to feel normal again.

In a study sponsored by facebook, researchers found that instagram was more depressing than facebook and instagram users were 20 times more likely to commit suicide. Scientists recommend that everyone stop using instagram and switch back to facebook for their own safe.

Facebook owns Instagram...

Why would you use websites that depress you? If the internet is making you depressed, go the fuck outside.

Back