SIM Cards Hacked by Using SMS

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
More 'good news' for mobile users: A German researcher has discovered flaws in SIM card software that will allow hackers to access and take control of the SIM card. It just seems like the smartphone market is under siege from all sides. Government surveillance, hackers and malware, Oh My! :eek:

“We can spy on you. We know your encryption keys for calls. We can read your SMSs. More than just spying, we can steal data from the SIM card, your mobile identity, and charge to your account”

i bet the hacker used to work for government at some point. if not the US government will be calling in

Anyone remember the old "party line" phones out in the country where you'd share a line with a few miles worth of nieghbors? Just think of your cell phone the same way.

Anyone remember the old "party line" phones out in the country where you'd share a line with a few miles worth of nieghbors? Just think of your cell phone the same way.
Think I was mid to late teens when we finally got off our party line. Conveniently, it was just us and my grandparents, unlike my friend down the road, who was on with like 6 other households. Oh the fun of waiting for the line to be free...and eavesdropping LOL. Come to think of it, that was like having a legal wiretap. :eek:

Back