Facial Recognition To Replace ATM Cards

HardOCP News

[H] News
Imagine robberies in the near future. Before, criminals just needed your ATM card. Now they need your face or head. :eek:

Ohio-based security firm Diebold has created a cash machine that works like a tablet computer, pictured. The touchscreen ATM connects to smartphones by scanning QR codes, or uses facial recognition technology, instead of bank cards

Hopefully it will be better than current technology. Because yes a pictures is good enough.
Maybe with 2 camera to prevent 2D looking like 3D it could work?

I think I may start accepting payment in tangible goods only.

What if someone wants to log into their account with their ass? Will there be a sit and scan like people do with office copiers? :D

"Unique one-time security codes are sent to the phone by text message."

So you'd need a picture/model/mask of their face in addition to their mobile phone (or in one case your twin would need to steal your phone.)

"It is just one of the concepts recently showcased at a London conference."

Considering this CONCEPT would probably cause even more delays than current systems I seriously, seriously doubt it will be anything more than that... a concept.

I can see profit in makeup artists and contact lenses moving over to the criminal sector out of this...it only takes a picture and a gummy bear to get around most all biotech in use today anyway.

Also: What happens when I'm not in the US & need to withdraw cash & they don't have this fancy system...?

Biometrics will be responsible for a marked increase in the number of dismembered bodies found at the scene.

It's winter and 20 below. I go to the ATM in a parka with my face wrapped up. I guess I'd be SOL...

Back