GALAXY Launches The GeForce GTX 780 GC Edition

HardOCP News

[H] News
Galaxy Microsystems, a leading manufacturer of high performance graphics cards, announced today the GeForce GTX 780 GC. The GC edition is the latest example of engineering excellence from Galaxy, designed for even greater performance and custom cooled with Galaxy’s all new premium, high efficiency dual fan cooler.

The new twin fan cooling system contains numerous upgrades. EBR Fluid bearings guarantee longer fan life with silent operation, and hybrid Copper and Aluminum cooling fins maximize heat transfer from the card’s overclocked GPU. The card itself features a custom PCB with high grade components and an impressive 1019Mhz boost clock for enhanced gaming performance right out of the box. Enthusiasts will want to take full advantage of the card’s superior cooling and improved overclock potential using the included Xtreme Tuner Plus overclocking and monitoring software.

Yeah, I like the darker gray of their older coolers but I think it looks ok. Their customer service is fantastic though including the rep that frequents the forums here.

The Evga classified has a 997mhz base clock, disappointed by the GC, was hoping it would match or surpass the Classified.

The Evga classified has a 997mhz base clock, disappointed by the GC, was hoping it would match or surpass the Classified.

Considering this looks like it isn't galaxy's top of the line 780, you'll have to wait for the hall of fame edition.

I think it looks good, not all are into the generic black box cards that seem to be the norm.

Considering this looks like it isn't galaxy's top of the line 780, you'll have to wait for the hall of fame edition.

Since when is the GC not their top of the line GPU aside from the Titan? It's 30$ more vs. the Evga ACX in Canada despite offering the same performance

Last edited:
Since when is the GC not their top of the line GPU aside from the Titan? It's 30$ more vs. the Evga ACX in Canada despite offering the same performance
Their top of the line 680's, where the hall of fame and white edition. I'd assume galaxy has something bigger and better coming up.

It's currently retailing at newegg for $659.99, which is $10 bucks cheaper than a handful of other custom cooled models.
Designed for Detroit Lions fans?
LOL.

Don't live in the US...price checked, I was being unfair since most of the 780's retail for 700$ in Canada (plus 12% tax in my Province). The Evga ACX is 660$.

Forgot about the SOC...Galaxy should announce the specs and start taking pre-orders.

The GTX 680 SOC is 2gb @1200mhz vs. the 4gb @1110mhz. Skyrim modding+2560x1440+ panel users would likely agree that the 4gb is their top card.

They should have just made this properly ugly - lime green or pink shroud and I would be extremely interested but instead they only made it half as ugly and I'm not one for half measures.

(of course I could just use a can of pink krylon spray paint from walmart)

780 Gtx Soc white edition was already announced last month, there are videos showing off the card at computex I believe. Just waiting for it to hit retail

Thought I was paying attention, guess not. Evga ACX is 660$ vs. 700+ for most of the other cards. Guessing the SOC will have a 1100mhz core clock vs. 997 for the Classified.

The looks wouldn't have bothered me, it'd just be inside my case on the floor where I won't be noticing it all the time.

two huge fans copper and aluminum sink pleasing angles detroit lions colors whats not to like seriously you guys are too spoiled next i bet you start requesting punctuation wtf

why would anyone buy a 780 with a cooler half as good as normal stock one lol

I ordered one of these monday.
We'll get this out of the way now: Yes, I'm a Lions fan.

Nice card!

Last edited:
I have two Galaxy reference 780s......now under Heatkiller waterblocks.......

To be honest, the reference is easier to look at.
The reference cooler is very, very quiet and works well.

I think this card is a lot less pretty.

But Galaxy CS is awesome. They sent me a thank you note for buying their cards.:D

Hmm. I want to like the HOF design, but this one isn't doing it for me. What do you guys think?

I think the HOF looks cool unlike the GC, but I'm more concerned about the stock clock speeds & cooling abilities.

Hmm. I want to like the HOF design, but this one isn't doing it for me. What do you guys think?

Not a fan of the looks of either the Galaxy GC or HOF. Should have had an option to look like or similar to the 770 GC.

Back