Robot Does Quadruple Backflip

HardOCP News

[H] News
Let's see, in the past few weeks we've seen robots that can run, jump, swim and fly, now they can do quadruple backflips and stick a perfect landing. Sarah Connor doesn't stand a chance. We are all going to die. :eek:

29395906.jpg

man, even the Armstrong drugs won't help people here if it keeps going like this...

As far as I can tell, it's operated by a human through RC, so there is hope for mankind. Still pretty cool.

Listen to those servos sing.

Watch out for those Chinese gymnasts, first they lie about age, next they lie about being human!

Very nicely done. I doubt it was done via RC--the timing on the movements is just too precise, as is the timing of the release. Color me impressed.

Very nicely done. I doubt it was done via RC--the timing on the movements is just too precise, as is the timing of the release. Color me impressed.

I don't know, the effort require to program the timing just perfectly would be astronomical. I'm trying to wonder what former-gymnast got into robotics so hard-core that they decided "Hey this is a good idea!"

Impressive, just not the first idea I'd have for a robot

I don't know, the effort require to program the timing just perfectly would be astronomical. I'm trying to wonder what former-gymnast got into robotics so hard-core that they decided "Hey this is a good idea!"

I find it just as hard to believe that a person did that via RC. At those speeds if you're a fraction of a second too early or late your landing is going to be off.

Nah, a bit tricky, but hardly astronomical. Simply sense the force on the grip, calculate the rotational speed, and you can time the movements precisely quite easily.

Back