How To Photograph Fireworks

Tripod, Manual Focus, F/between 18-22, 35/50mm lens done, imo fireworks look better on color film then digital though

i took this [ http://grovermind.com/erek/f1.png ] but my settings were wrong...

i was at f/1.8 to f/5.6 instead of near f/22 ...

supposedly if i was at the higher F number the smoke would disappear?

I dont know if the smoke would disapear but at 1.8 you have a very shallow DOF hence why it is out of focus. At f22 your DOF is much longer and everything should be in focus (however at that small of an aperature you are going to loose image sharpness due to difraction in the lense). I shot last night at f9 ISO 320 in Bulb and was focused to infinity. I dont have a long reach lense so they are kind of far away.

DSC_0098.jpg

I dont know if the smoke would disapear but at 1.8 you have a very shallow DOF hence why it is out of focus. At f22 your DOF is much longer and everything should be in focus (however at that small of an aperature you are going to loose image sharpness due to difraction in the lense). I shot last night at f9 ISO 320 in Bulb and was focused to infinity. I dont have a long reach lense so they are kind of far away.

DSC_0098.jpg

what lens? my 50mm (perhaps i'm using it wrong..?) seems like it needs me to get much much further away from things than what i had to with just my canon vixia hf10 camcorder

i'm going try from up the hill and away tomorrow

Back