Microsoft Rolls Out First Windows 8.1 Bug Fixes

HardOCP News

[H] News
The first round of Windows 8.1 bug fixes are now available for those of you running the new Windows 8.1 preview.

One of the important updates is simply a virus definition update for Windows Defender, the default security program for Windows 8 and 8.1. The other update improves the compatibility between Windows 8.1 and several third-party programs, such as AutoCAD, Parallels Desktop, Norton security software, and AVG Internet Security.

Hmm, my 8.1 preview puked on me over the weekend. I had forgot where I put the usb stick with the original Win8 installation (the preview release offered to check for errors and fix things, but it wanted the installation media for something) so I reverted back to Win7. Not that big of a deal really. Digital spring cleaning.

For me, my desktop zoom settings seem to randomly reset every 3rd or 4th boot. I have everything set to 125%, but it'll randomly go back to 100% here and there. Logging out and logging back in fixes it.

For me, my desktop zoom settings seem to randomly reset every 3rd or 4th boot. I have everything set to 125%, but it'll randomly go back to 100% here and there. Logging out and logging back in fixes it.

I thought I noticed something weird like that, I'll have to check those settings when I get home.

They're probably still ironing out the auto-sizing of desktop elements. Are you using multiple monitors with different resolutions on each?

They're probably still ironing out the auto-sizing of desktop elements. Are you using multiple monitors with different resolutions on each?

Nah - I'm only using a single monitor, my TV, although it's hooked up via HDMI and my receiver...so there are other potential complications :)
Initially Win 8.1 didn't like me using HDMI audio-out from my video card either.

I'm not really complaining as I know it's just a beta after all.

Hmm, my 8.1 preview puked on me over the weekend. I had forgot where I put the usb stick with the original Win8 installation (the preview release offered to check for errors and fix things, but it wanted the installation media for something) so I reverted back to Win7. Not that big of a deal really. Digital spring cleaning.

Awesome! :cool:

I've long since formatted my disc to purge W8 from my garage computer. Freshly installed W7. Feels so good.

I don't give a crap what they do; there still isn't a start menu! Metro sucks... At least I can easily add a start menu to 8.0. It seems like they purposely broke all the add-on start menu programs. Anyone find one that works yet? I'm gonna wipe 8.1 off my test lappy pretty soon if I can't get a start menu.

I don't give a crap what they do; there still isn't a start menu! Metro sucks... At least I can easily add a start menu to 8.0. It seems like they purposely broke all the add-on start menu programs. Anyone find one that works yet? I'm gonna wipe 8.1 off my test lappy pretty soon if I can't get a start menu.

Start8 updated the day after the preview was released Classic Shell updated two days ago, startisback updated yesterday.

Back