Microsoft Announces Surface Commercial Expansion

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Corp. today announced the initial phase of its business-channel expansion plans for the Surface family of PCs, along with AppsForSurface — a new Surface application-development program for independent software vendors (ISVs). As part of its measured and phased approach to the growth of the Surface business, Microsoft announced the Microsoft Devices Program, which allows customers to purchase Surface and commercial services through authorized resellers. The two-tier program establishes Ingram Micro Inc., SYNNEX Corp. and Tech Data Corp. as inaugural device-authorized distributors to sell Surface to a newly designated group of device-authorized commercial resellers.

I see more and more of the surface pro's at work, mostly managers and executives, I'll be interested to see if the $200 devices come out anytime soon.

Isn't this like when car companies sell slow selling models to car rental agencies?

it's one way to increase market shares on windows 8.

though from business point of view it's best tablet out there.

The Surface is really more of a business tablet than a consumer one and this should be a great move for them ... although the iPad has done well in the Enterprise market, the Surface is a much better fit for that segment ... wish MS luck and hope they stick with their tablet :cool:

Now that it has the full office suite it makes sense to target businesses. It's the same thing people were complaining about them not doing last year

This is great news.
It's good that Microsoft is finally releasing a business-oriented tablet model.

Hopefully this will mean improvements for Windows 8 in enterprise environments.

Toshiba offers a demo device program (or did) allowing for the purchase of up to 7 electronic devices (projectors, laptops, etc) to be sold at something aroung 50-60% off DEALER COST. Worked well, always had a Toshiba on hand to demo to a client.

Still have never actually seen a Microsft Surface Pro, yet I'd absolutely buy one in a heartbeat for $700 for a 128GB model. And I think being able to demonstrate it to clients would result in alot of iPad converts for office usage at a minimum. Yet here we are, absolutely no discounts whatsoever for Microsoft partners, resellers, etc.

Back