University of Michigan Activates Antimatter 'Gun'

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
How would you like to have a table-top sized ‘gun’ capable of firing anti-particle positrons that mimic the jet streams emitted from black holes? You could be the hit of the next neighborhood block party. As an anti-matter-of-fact, you could probably wipe out the entire block. Don’t rush out to buy one, it’s not quite ready for your local Radio Shack just yet. :D

The researchers report that each blast of their gun lasts just 30 femtoseconds, but each firing results in the production of quadrillions of positrons—a density level comparable to those produced at CERN.

Petawatt LASER ...

Hmmm... Not finding one on Ebay. Screw the antimatter, I want their LASER.

1,200 times the watts used in the USA at any given time. A thousand trillion watts.

In other news, UoM just vanished last night, leaving a big hole in the ground. Experts are still trying to figure it out.

Wake me up when they fashion it into a torpedo and fire it a the abortion called JJ Abrams Star Trek.

Petawatt LASER ...

Hmmm... Not finding one on Ebay. Screw the antimatter, I want their LASER.

1,200 times the watts used in the USA at any given time. A thousand trillion watts.

I was thinking the same thing...

These days, Radio Shack would only sell it if it comes as a cell phone accessory.

Back