Computer from 1983 Movie WarGames Up for Sale

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
In the market for a slightly used computer from 1983 that just happens to have a bit of movie provenance going for it? No, it’s not the W.O.P.R. that’s for sale, but the one Matthew Broderick used to hack into W.O.P.R. and start the ball rolling toward WW3.

The IMSAI 8080 was an early microcomputer running on the 2MHz Intel 8080 processor. The 8080 was one of the most important chips of the early personal computer era, and found its way into many devices.

IMSAI was the Hacker machine.

You had to build it from scratch. Kit form. Only true propeller heads need apply.

If I had the cash I would totally do it.. Its a piece of geek history for sure..

I have Xerox 820 that runs sweet. :D Intel 8085 dual 8" FDD, CP/M with compilers and applications.

They guy probably missed his moment. Fewer and fewer people know who Matthew Broderick is anymore. His last big movie was something like inspector gadget. Inspector gadget the character is better known by now.

The time to sell this stuff would have been 10+ years ago.

Count me in when Skynet will be for sale.

Skynet has only 90TFLOPS of compute power.
One could probably get that out of a Telsa GPU server rack, easily.

Oh how the times have changed.

My dad had an IMSAI just exactly like that one back in the 70's. We typed in cheap machine language programs, like asteroids, and played games on it sometimes in the evenings. Those were fairly expensive machines (in todays dollars) when new.

66147-indiana-jones-belongs-in-a-mus-hHan.jpeg

yeah pretty much.

"god dammit, I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it would do any good"

"Later. Let's play Global Thermonuclear War."

Wasn't there a sequel to this that came out recently?

I think there was and I think I watched it, but can't remember what it was about.
It was probably a terrible movie since I can't remember anything really about it.

Back