Microsoft Teases 32 Xbox 360 Games for Sale Next Week

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft plans to keep its promise of maintaining support for the Xbox 360 and plans to have an ‘Ultimate Game Sale’ starting next week. Microsoft will offer 32 game titles at reduced prices from the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Larry Hryb, Microsoft's Xbox Live director of programming, posted a list of all the games that will go on sale during the course of next week, including several big-name games such as the recently released "Bioshock Infinite" and "Gears of War: Judgment."

Encouraging people to buy games that will go away when they pull the plug on LIVE for the 360? Not sure if that will endear itself with customers.

If Microsoft wanted to endear itself, it would offer streamlined tools and instructions on how to make backups of their live games customers can reinstall after the servers go poof.

I'm really interested to see how big these discounts will be. Its kind of funny, because the Steam summer sale might be starting this week as well.

Also, I bet a small percentage of people on Xbox knows this will be happening so nearly all of them don't have points stacked up, well unless this announcement is sent/displayed to all users.

Encouraging people to buy games that will go away when they pull the plug on LIVE for the 360? Not sure if that will endear itself with customers.

If Microsoft wanted to endear itself, it would offer streamlined tools and instructions on how to make backups of their live games customers can reinstall after the servers go poof.

yeah this. They can gf'd!

You trolls will do anything to bash MS at this point. Now a sale is a trick to get you to buy a game that they will pull support for live from next year.

Seriously you need better materials, its not even worthy of being called a troll post. Its sad.

If I had an xbox I would be excited. I love a sale, and get tons of Steam games like this.

You trolls will do anything to bash MS at this point. Now a sale is a trick to get you to buy a game that they will pull support for live from next year.

Seriously you need better materials, its not even worthy of being called a troll post. Its sad.

If I had an xbox I would be excited. I love a sale, and get tons of Steam games like this.

Nobody said next year. But you realize they did eventually pull support for the original xbox's live service, right?

They made GFWL titles Vista only to help sell Vista.

Maybe its ok for some titles and if you're not like PC person with a steam backlog you probably have plenty enough time to play them. But I would be leary of any title you think you might want to use indefinitely.

But I would be leary of any title you think you might want to use indefinitely.

This is true for any downloadable service, not just something from Microsoft. Steam could shut down the servers tomorrow, and you'd loose access to all the games.

It's a freakin' sale... now they're the bad guy for trying to give you a deal.

I thought i'd read somewhere that Steam had a plan to let you use the games you've got even if it did go away?

I thought i'd read somewhere that Steam had a plan to let you use the games you've got even if it did go away?

You read right. Gabe has said numerous times that the ability to turn off the servers is built into Steam already and has been tested. I would hope that there would be enough time to DL all the games I don't have backed up already, though.

Microsoft has done this before to simply make a quick buck, and then pull the plug shortly afterwards, regardless of promised support or warranties.
There wouldn't be a flood of Microsoft bashing in all of these threads if they were actually a decent company that didn't constantly screw over loyal and long-term customers again and again.

Hopefully these 32 titles will give a few people some enjoyment, but with XBone right around the corner, it wouldn't surprise me if services to these titles got shut off shortly afterwards.
I truly feel bad for 360 owners and users at this point, because honestly, the average user/gamer won't know the services will be shut off after a few months.

Once again, this isn't speculation.
Microsoft has done this again and again in the last decade, and its become a more frequent occurrence as time goes on.

Very unfortunate for the customers.

They already do this.
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars hasn't been for sale on Steam in years, yet my Steam copy, not downloaded or backed up, can still be downloaded and played.

Too bad this isn't the case with Microsoft.

Back