Justin Rattner Stepping Down as Intel CTO

HardOCP News

[H] News
Justin Rattner is stepping down as chief technology officer and director of Intel Labs. Justin’s transition is required under Intel’s corporate bylaws which state that Intel employees may not serve as corporate officers past the age of 65. Rattner will take a personal leave immediately to deal with a pressing family matter and will return to Intel at a later date in a role to be determined. Intel Labs will report to Intel President Renée James until further decisions related to its leadership are made.

Intel CEO Brian Krzanich thanked Rattner for his leadership in creating one of the leading research organizations in the high tech industry. Rattner joined Intel in 1973 and was named its first principal engineer in 1979, its fourth Intel Fellow in 1988 and was in the first group of Intel Fellows to be named Senior Fellow in 2001. Rattner has been a prominent keynote speaker at every U.S. IDF since 2005, more than any other presenter to-date. He is a recognized worldwide leader in high-performance computing and is a sought after spokesperson in this field.

can't serve as officers past 65? seems discriminatory.

I would like to see the reasoning behind it, but I assume it is to allow younger talent a shot at the positions.

It's more difficult for old men to get an erection, hence more difficult to fk competitors.

There are special rules that govern corporations with regards to their their articles of incorpation & bylaws and the Officers (as well as the Board).

Will someone think of the Intel Lemmings! :p

Intel..me too...!!!

I would like to see the reasoning behind it, but I assume it is to allow younger talent a shot at the positions.

if I had to guess it would be more of an issue of not wanting the leader to die at the helm if possible.

Makes sense to me. Why would you want some guy getting so entrenched in a position that it's impossible to remove him, and then have same said guy go senile in his position?

Hmmm, sounds like our congress/senate.

Back