Silverstone Raven RV01 ATX Chassis

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at eTeknix have the Silverstone Raven RV01 ATX chassis in house today for a little review action. Except for the price, the reviewer seemed to really like the case.

The chassis I'm taking a look at today is another example of the extreme end of Silverstone who are more often than not better known for cool, sleek and refined designs. The RV01 is a huge chassis, but it is not its size that makes your eyes widen, but its design. Firstly it looks like it was styled off of Batmans body armor and secondly the motherboard is rotated 90 degrees with the I/O panel pointing upwards.

RV01? They start over or something? I have the Raven RV02 from 3 years ago... I didn't think USB 3.0 was available for cases then.

I hope this is a refresh. really wanted this case but knew it was no longer available. hopefully this is true!

Yeah they talk about it like its the first time they saw it. But damn Silverstone is about ready to release the RV04.

Though this one does have USB3 front connectors but since Silverstone doesn't stop making these cases, it could be a minor evolution rather then a true refresh.

Looks just a hideous as those NZXT's?, or what ever company that is, stupid alien ones from years ago.

I bought this case when it first came out along time ago, 2009/2010? some where are there. And I had nothing but problems with it.

The side plexi glass cracked near one of the screws, i never loosened or tightened them. Did it over time.

The right side panel latch kept breaking, its plastic and couldn't handle slight stress from cords pushing against the panel.

The front sliding door was sooooo loud, and after awhile, it stopped latching.

I wouldn't buy this case again, a shame because it looks awesome and has a ton of room. Just impractical and a plastic heaven. Switched to all Alluminium. Ill never go back to subpar quality.

We never stopped making RV01 (and all RAVEN and Fortress cases for that matter), we also make minor revisions all the time and USB 3.0 ports is the more obvious one.

I think our model naming schemes may mislead people into thinking that RV02 was to replace RV01 and RV03 was to replace RV02. But this is not true!

It's a nice looking case Tony, but like others have said, it's strange to see a very established product reviewed like it's brand new.

I think I saw that you mentioned somewhere that you had more 90 degree style cases on the way so I'm waiting to see what comes.

I love my FT03 Titanium - I like the small footprint but lately I'm considering going back to a full ATX system.

I would love to see something between the FT02 and the FT03 where you get 7-8 slots, but everything else is added vertically instead of horizontally...

Also - more Titanium color please.

I was confused by the review as well. Although I own an RV02, RV03 and a PS07. I love them all so far and will keep using similar versions. My RV02 system is going on 2.7 years from build time with almost no dust in the chassis at all still. Haven't had to clean it once, just clean the filters about monthly and that's it. I don't think the reviewer actually took into consideration a few of the cases actual features, like the positive air pressure and such.

Back