US Special Forces Testing Electric Combat Motorcycles

Very nice! Excellent idea. Can go down trails that aren't roads, less IED risk, and much faster.

That is awesome. These days, everything is special ops. That gives quite a kick in the ass to safety and stealth. Good job.

Now, where can I get one.

That is awesome. These days, everything is special ops. That gives quite a kick in the ass to safety and stealth. Good job.

Now, where can I get one.

Zero Motorcycles has been in business for several years now. Don't buy an early model, they had problems. The new ones are quite compentent.

This comes to mind:

Nancy: You bought a Prius?
U-Turn: I bought seven of them. I've got my whole crew driving em, real quiet. Good for sneaking up on MOTHERFUCKERS!!

PS - They are currently (sic) using diesel Kawasaki's refitted by a US firm:

url
:

This comes to mind:

U-Turn: I bought seven of them. I've got my whole crew driving em, real quiet. Good for sneaking up on MOTHERFUCKERS!!

Around 2016, the US will require that vehicles in electric only mode or ev vehicles have speakers to create sound around the exterior for the blind. And the sound was selected to be somewhat attention getting which means its not a pleasant discrete sound.

I'll take one of these.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU-NGPOOMVM
LOL'd at 4:14, who needs a family car?

Around 2016, the US will require that vehicles in electric only mode or ev vehicles have speakers to create sound around the exterior for the blind. And the sound was selected to be somewhat attention getting which means its not a pleasant discrete sound.

And when that day comes I'll have my wire snips for that speaker. F the blind, I like my silence!

Zero Motorcycles has been in business for several years now. Don't buy an early model, they had problems. The new ones are quite compentent.

It totally makes sense why special forces would want a quiet and stealthy motorcycle, but a consumer? Part of the awesome experience of riding is the engine sound.

I watched a video on these things.

No engine maintenance.
No noise.
Range = 130 miles.
Fast as hell.

I bet that range is extremely variable based on the terrain. I know my motorcycle guzzles gas on hills.

Makes sense.

Maybe their current diesel dirt bikes will hit DRMO so I can snap one up.

The movie DeathSport put a pox on motorcycle warfare. See the movie, avoid the waste of money. Let's start spending on things other than more killing machines. The world might be a happier place, and we can always kill and maim in video games if we need to.

I'll take one of these.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU-NGPOOMVM
LOL'd at 4:14, who needs a family car?

And when that day comes I'll have my wire snips for that speaker. F the blind, I like my silence!

I'd hate to find out what would happen if the gyro control system freaked out (would the bike do flips down the road)? Whatever would come of it probably wouldn't feel good. Neat idea though. Also be awful if there was a mechanical failure....

This comes to mind:

I think of this, everytime, from Weeds when a prius rolls up. Haha.

Mitsubishi uses it on the iMev ..its just a white noise to alert you to the cars presence..not at all annoying

It totally makes sense why special forces would want a quiet and stealthy motorcycle, but a consumer? Part of the awesome experience of riding is the engine sound.

if they make a decent dirt bike, it would be great for riding the woods around here..the cops could never figure out you were back there...and if they cant hear you, they cant come chase you out:)

Back